• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Stupidity at its finest! It defies my understanding to believe that these police could not see the disconnect between a domestic disturbance and a house full of people who are in bed asleep.

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    The cops should be cuffed and let the kid have them for a half hour or so. Hope they get crap sued out of them, at the least. Sounds like they should be charged with burglary and assault, though. Of course that ain't gonna happen. They'll be allowed to skate, as usual.

lucky4034

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 14, 2012
    I hope this lady and her son both sue the hell out of these idiots....

A few bad apples my ass...

A few bad apples ruin the name of 5%!! Who in the hell are training the police these days? And don't come on here and tell me I'm bashing cops etc... etc...

I know you have a dangerous job... I know its stressful... and I also know that ITS NOT FOR EVERYONE. If your comrades can't handle the job or are too lazy to learn the law... WEED THEM OUT. Don't dismiss them as "They don't represent me".

You are a police FORCE... not an Army of ONE.

poptab

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2012
    How many times does stuff like this happen before they end up at someone's house like Jose Guerena and someone ends up dead.

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    Trying to apologize is something we don't read in most of these kinds of stories. Most apologies come after the court cases. At least he wasn't in NYC and got tased and had a mop handle/broomstick keistered against his will.

New mayor. New police chief. How's that working out for you?

This city just keeps circling the drain.

Seems like the fun is carrying on like usual. As long as things don't get worse, they're better...right?

Sgt.Striker

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 15, 2012
    Fort Wayne, Indiana
    im not surprised that a police officer was accused of misconduct but i am pleasantly surprised that he was actually tried and held accountable for abusing his authority. most of the time when the police break the law they are "suspended with pay pending further investigation" which really means their superiors gave em a paid vacation until things die down and the public forgets the whole thing. at which time they are reinstated and get back to business as usual.

9mmfan

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2011
    Mishawaka
    Heard this on the radio this morning on the way to work. Just astounded. Makes me glad I moved back to Mishawaka from South Bend.
    I personally know several South Bend cops and they are astounding guys. I also personally know of many who are not good human beings, let alone police officers. There are even a few of those type on the Mishawaka force. I just don't get it. Why can't the police be held to the same standard as us citizens?

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    I hope this lady and her son both sue the hell out of these idiots....

A few bad apples my ass...

A few bad apples ruin the name of 5%!! Who in the hell are training the police these days? And don't come on here and tell me I'm bashing cops etc... etc...

I know you have a dangerous job... I know its stressful... and I also know that ITS NOT FOR EVERYONE. If your comrades can't handle the job or are too lazy to learn the law... WEED THEM OUT. Don't dismiss them as "They don't represent me".

You are a police FORCE... not an Army of ONE.

Actually you know precious little. You think you know something based off of what you've read. Big difference.

John Galt

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 18, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    Payday for them now im sure and well deserved.

Not so good for the taxpayer though. They get to pay to employ people like this and they get to pay for their mistakes. A little skin in the game, like taking the "payday" out of their pension, and I'm sure they would think twice before doing stupid things. Or, take it out of the police union funds and maybe the unions would weed the bad apples out. Remove the consequences of bad behavior = get bad behavior.
    I'm a small business owner and I can guarantee you that if one of my employees did something stupid, an attorney would try to bleed me dry.

Prometheus

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Northern Indiana
    Captain Phil Trent told ABC 57 he will be contacting internal affairs to find out if these three officers will face any charges.

How can they NOT face charges?

Home Invasion, assault, assault with deadly weapons, false imprisonment, armed b&e or whatever it is in Indiana...

The only question should be how MANY charges will they be facing?

BigMatt

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 22, 2009
    When I read stories like this, I always think of what would happen if it were my house.

How would I handle the situation if the "Police" busted in my front door? It never ends up pretty.

Top Bottom