• ...and so much more!
  • HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    and again:

here's a problem, many of the scoresheets were not correctly marked to indicate OT shots nor did they have the actual times recorded. Makes it a pain in the ass....

edit:

I will have to update these all again, as I didn't allow for the 6.30 for shots. This is what I get for scoring a match I didn't shoot, I completely forgot about the extra .30.

Last edited:

sv40sw45

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 28, 2009
    South Indiana
    and again:

here's a problem, many of the scoresheets were not correctly marked to indicate OT shots nor did they have the actual times recorded. Makes it a pain in the ass....

IN18 Nov-2011, Rev3

I keep forgetting to tell everyone at the shooters meeting that it is the shooters responsiblilty to make sure the score sheets are correct and totaled up.. I know the Fixed time was not understood by some RO's and shooters. I won't do fixed time again for a long tine.

BillD

Master
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Oct 28, 2008
    Greenwood
    "I keep forgetting to tell everyone at the shooters meeting that it is the shooters responsiblilty to make sure the score sheets are correct and totaled up.."

I hear ya Max but a a club match, you will sometimes be lucky to see your score sheet before the next shooter is on the line. The scorekeeper is a busy person, as you well know, and barely has time to get the scores jotted down and totaled up before the next shooter starts. Not leaving much time for the shooter to inspect his time sheet, let alone make sure each Alpha- Charlie is correct.
    To really do this with minimum screwups, you would need the shooter to walk along with the RO, confirming his scoring, and also need to walk with the scorekeeper to make sure he wrote it down correctly and then double check the scorekeepers math. I'm sure that would add 5 minutes or so to every shooter.

It's a conundrum.

mongo404

Master
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Sep 18, 2009
    Frankfort
    Slow Down!!!!!!

Remember this is suppose to be fun!!:D

The RO needs to ask the scorekeeper if hes ready to go to the next shooter.
    And your right Max I forget that too at the shooters meeting.

BillD

Master
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Oct 28, 2008
    Greenwood
    Slow down? Good thought, but I'm not sure it's reasonable. If you add 3 min per shooter per COF, (since all squads will be slowed the same), 10 shooters per squad. That's an extra 30 minutes per COF. 5 COF's equal an extra 2.5 hours on the range on match day before teardown starts.

I think Jake's matrix is 3 minutes per shooter at a major, this would be doubling the amount of timer per shooter.

If we say the shooter is responsible for an accurate score sheet, how do you rectify the shooter needing to look at the targets along with the RO AND needing to look at the scoresheet when each score is called out to make sure it was entered correctly and THEN making sure the math was done correctly?

sv40sw45

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 28, 2009
    South Indiana
    I shoot my stage pickup my mags and follow the RO around and look at my hits as we go and look at the score sheet as soon as the scorer totals up the scores and this all takes no time away from the next shooter. Sometimes they score before the shooter is done, but if there is a miss the shooter is always told and the target is not pasted before the shooter sees it. Again this adds no time do this. We have all done this enought to know what needs to be done. Also we are not on any time frame we have to have the match shot it. If we keep putting a big strane or our score keepers we won't have anyone to score.

blkrifle

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 28, 2010
    terre haute
    This triplet had the grandkids for the weekend.
    As much as I would like to spend all of my free time on shooting related stuff, when they call up and say, "Grampa, can we come to see you?", I fold. :D

I'm weak

This triplet took DR101 and then shot more rounds well into the evening Saturday. I was spent and 3 hours away. I needed a little time away. I'll be shooting AP this weekend and then back into the USPSA swing at Riley and ACC.

This triplet had to spend some time with a kid that was home from college.
    I had been hearing complaints about me never being home on the weekends:)
    glad it was a great match see you next time

some things are way more important than a shooting match.....see you all in Riley

Top Bottom