South Whitley, IN Cop slams 18 year old girl.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DragonGunner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 14, 2010
    N. Central IN
    Big Hoss is a lot harder to take down than an 18 year old girl, huh?
    And it appeared to be the wrong guy. The other guy was instigating it and this dumb cop decided rather than break it up, jumps the guy and attacks him. Clown show. And South Whitley had time to review him and hired him anyways....brilliant.

Piezak

Plinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 24, 2024
    Mooresville, IN
    So let me get this right.

1. Get a no pay position as town law guy.

2. Make up my own uniform I am thinking all leather mad max style.

3. Loose control in a non stressful traffic stop rough up 18 year old that weighs 90lbs.

4. Keep your job.

5. Priceless
    And ... he gets to carry a gun.

edit: Well, at least he used to?

Bollorollo

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 18, 2011
    Indiana
    Wonder how he treats his spouse.
    Hopefully not like he treats race car drivers and 18 year old girls.. Odds are he probably has a temper with her also. Hopefully he gets some help with this temper if its always flaring up on people.. My bet is this guy would go and kick down doors to disarm firearm owners if told to. He comes off as one who would..

Last edited:

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    37 in a 30?

Also, question..
    Failure to identify.
    IC 34-28-5-3.5 Refusal to identify self
    Sec. 3.5. A person who knowingly or intentionally refuses to provide either the person's:

(1) name, address, and date of birth; or

(2) driver's license, if in the person's possession;

to a law enforcement officer who has stopped the person for an infraction or ordinance violation commits a Class C misdemeanor.

who has stopped the person for an infraction or ordinance violation
    Does this mean the officer has to give the infraction or ordinance violation if asked?
    Next. Did he tell her the infraction or ordinance violation and I missed it?

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    The 18 year old girl seems more in control of her emotions than does Mr. Schimmel.

I am going to reiterate yet again how well this 18 year old girl handled the situation. Being pulled into a situation with a crap cop rarely gets better by trying to have it out with the crap cop at that moment. She controlled her emotions, stayed calm, and came out the victor over the crap cop.

Well done, young lady.

Her father too did very well in the situation.

DragonGunner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 14, 2010
    N. Central IN
    37 in a 30?

Also, question..
    Failure to identify.
    IC 34-28-5-3.5 Refusal to identify self
    Sec. 3.5. A person who knowingly or intentionally refuses to provide either the person's:

(1) name, address, and date of birth; or

(2) driver's license, if in the person's possession;

to a law enforcement officer who has stopped the person for an infraction or ordinance violation commits a Class C misdemeanor.

who has stopped the person for an infraction or ordinance violation
    Does this mean the officer has to give the infraction or ordinance violation if asked?
    Next. Did he tell her the infraction or ordinance violation and I missed it?
    You forgot a brokin headlight also. He made sure his camera wasn’t on so we don’t know what for sure was said. But I believe he had the girl out and on the ground after only 1 minute and 18 seconds. She claims she was scared and was trying to find her license and actually had it in her hand when he opened door to yank her out. He was mad cause she wouldn’t roll down the window all the way. That’s what got under his crawl imho. Then taking too long to get her license. But the act of not obeying a command roll that window down all the way was too much for his stress level. Believe she asked but he refused to tell her.

freekforge

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 20, 2012
    marion
    Looks like he's a Town Marshall. In Indiana, they are Tier 2 where ACTUAL City police are Tier 1. Tier 2 only require 6 or so weeks of training I would venture little to no, formal field training.. He previously work at Monrovia PD but was suspended 10 days for his conduct at a race track. That department only uses unpaid, part-time officers. So they make their money working gigs like this track.

He then left for some department in Indy (only school police or hospital police would recognize a Tier 2 credential) then off to this latest gig up north. Sorry sack for sure.

Has south whitley changed their roster? As of 2020 they had 5 fulltime officers so they did not meet the requirements for tier2 status meaning they were required to be tier1. Town Marshalls can only employ 3 officers (the Marshall and 2 deputies) if they want to use the tier2 academy. And some towns require tier1, my former department included. We only allowed 3 full-time officers and 11 reserves but the Town council decided fulltimers had to be tier1. That didn't stop one of our guys from being an absolute idiot though.

Top Bottom