South Whitley, IN Cop slams 18 year old girl.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    You forgot a brokin headlight also

Well, it wasn't night out.
    So, why not a ... "hey your headlight is out. Get it fixed in 7 days" type of warning.
    Course, for the warning, probably need the ID.

So, I understand that you need to identify if you are suspected of breaking an infraction or violation.
    And if the officer informed her when he pulled her over, that it was for speeding and a headlight... then she did "fail to identify".
    I'm just wondering... if he DIDN'T inform her of that... If he pulled her over, got mad about the window, and failed to mention why she was pulled over.. would that constitute "failure to identify"?

DragonGunner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 14, 2010
    N. Central IN
    So, why not a ... "hey your headlight is out. Get it fixed in 7 days" type of warning.

So, I understand that you need to identify if you are suspected of breaking an infraction or violation.
    And if the officer informed her when he pulled her over, that it was for speeding and a headlight... then she did "fail to identify".
    I'm just wondering... if he DIDN'T inform her of that... If he pulled her over, got mad about the window, and failed to mention why she was pulled over.. would that constitute "failure to identify"?
    Never had an officer pull me over and demand me to give them my name. Always asked for my license and such. I assume that’s what happened but she said she was having trouble finding her license. He still brewing over not rolling the window down all the way…. He was looking for some action. Did you see the video of him attacking the race car driver? The dude is tripping and looking for anything to get riled up about. I seen you tube videos of people giving a cop a hard time for a long time before they hand over a license. Is there a set time you have before getting ID to the officer? Regardless all his lies and action made any case he had thrown out. Literally in this case.

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    Somewhere over the rainbow

We actually have no idea what he said or bellowed before he dragged her out.

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    Never had an officer pull me over and demand me to give them my name. Always asked for my license and such. I assume that’s what happened but she said she was having trouble finding her license. He still brewing over not rolling the window down all the way…. He was looking for some action. Did you see the video of him attacking the race car driver? The dude is tripping and looking for anything to get riled up about. I seen you tube videos of people giving a cop a hard time for a long time before they hand over a license. Is there a set time you have before getting ID to the officer? Regardless all his lies and action made any case he had thrown out. Literally in this case.

I particularly appreciated the portion of the video evidence where the twit was yelling "get out of my scene" to the gas station customer.

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana

Didn't he run old Dad for warrants while he had Dads drivers license?

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    yes
    he did.

So.. if the Dad refused, would he have been charged with "failure to id"?
    It really could have gotten very interesting, I loved that Dad let him know with, my Dad is a retired Trooper. So I believe he was telling the officer, I know whats going on here.
    He kept a cool head, I'm not so sure my Dad would have been that cool at that time.

gassprint1

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 15, 2015
    NWI
    37 in a 30?

Also, question..
    Failure to identify.
    IC 34-28-5-3.5 Refusal to identify self
    Sec. 3.5. A person who knowingly or intentionally refuses to provide either the person's:

(1) name, address, and date of birth; or

(2) driver's license, if in the person's possession;

to a law enforcement officer who has stopped the person for an infraction or ordinance violation commits a Class C misdemeanor.

who has stopped the person for an infraction or ordinance violation
    Does this mean the officer has to give the infraction or ordinance violation if asked?
    Next. Did he tell her the infraction or ordinance violation and I missed it?
    You know, thats a major problem asking for a drivers license since none of use have 1 anymore. Great defense in court being a drivers license is for commercial vehicles..

gassprint1

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 15, 2015
    NWI
    Sppa
    It really could have gotten very interesting, I loved that Dad let him know with, my Dad is a retired Trooper. So I believe he was telling the officer, I know whats going on here.
    He kept a cool head, I'm not so sure my Dad would have been that cool at that time.
    Apparently he wasn't too involved being he should have told the cop to get a warrant if he wanted to search the car.

Top Bottom