• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 17, 2009
    Tampa, FL
    The facepalm is strong with this one. I know what he was thinking. He was thinking that if Smith came to his property, it gave him carte blanche to be an idiot. So many failures in here, I'm not sure where to begin. I think it's clear though that 4 shots into the ground is a really bad idea. The whole "Dance pilgrim!" routine only works on TV.

Suspect involved in double shooting identified - southbendtribune.com

Marlin7

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2012
    North Liberty
    And people wonder why I very rarely go to South Bend except for work or if I need to make a quick run to south side of South Bend. Too many of these stories and other general stupidity with firearms.

CX1

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 27, 2012
    Vigo Co.
    Am I reading this correctly?
    Guy fires four shots of 45 ACP total, one hits a lady holding a baby on the same porch the shooter is standing on and two enter Smith. Smith then runs away and yells “Why are you trippin? ” before I assume bleeding to death. And all of this was done because the shooter was trying to hit the ground as some type of warning shots?

Bigshep

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 29, 2012
    New Albany
    This guy is either the best trick shooter in the world or the worst shot in the world. I'm still trying to figure out how he managed to fire into the ground four times and hit with three of the rounds.

jblomenberg16

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    From the article linked in the OP:

Nobles claimed that Smith taunted him, insulted his wife, challenged him to fight and touched him rudely several times before he fired several shots at the ground, according to the affidavit.

I think that is the shooter's story at this point. Without knowing the locations of the people involved, geometry and construction of the porch, etc., it is hard to figure out what angle exactly he shot at.

His wife apparently was hit in the leg, so that does seem to support firing towards the ground. Perhaps Smith was also hit in the leg and bled out?

That seems plausible, as I suppose Nobles could have been pointing down towards the ground, but due to the close proximity of things actually shot through the legs of those that were shot in his attempt to hit the ground.

LP1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 8, 2010
    Friday Town
    This guy is either the best trick shooter in the world or the worst shot in the world. I'm still trying to figure out how he managed to fire into the ground four times and hit with three of the rounds.

I'm not a real good shot, but I can hit the ground four out of four times. :rolleyes:

mtgasten

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Aug 23, 2011
    Greenfield
    picard-facepalm2.jpg

LEaSH

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Aug 10, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I can not and will not accept a story - any story - by that paper (and many others) as factual.

I'm disappointed so many are commenting as though it is accurate and trustworthy.

Surely they (cops and paper) wouldn't dress up such a story? Would they?

Top Bottom