• ...and so much more!
  • BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out

If these ******* had a lick of sense or doctrine consistency they would be demanding the release of the "manifesto"....unredacted.

Of course, it's easier to like the feet of the slave master.

Bonhoeffer they are not.

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    How does their latest stand on gun violence compare with what they stated back in 2018?

June 1, 2018
    Southern Baptist Convention resolution "On Gun Violence And Mass Shootings".

When a neighbor put an end to the evil attack on their flock using the type of tool they would like to see banned?

One could argue these "leaders" are really ****** shepherds.

KokomoDave

Enigma Suspect
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    76   0   0
    Oct 20, 2008
    Kokomo
    Same can be said of virtually every "main stream" denomination of the "church".
    The baptist church I attended did not feel the same way. We have security teams, some armed / some not. The nots attended to the old folks and toddlers. We check doors, sweep the halls for intruders and have a person who lets in stragglers that watch via 1 or 7 live camera feeds connected to a dedicated notepad with auto refresh. The insurance was changed so we were covered in a shoot situation.

blain

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 27, 2016
    Evansville
    When a neighbor put an end to the evil attack on their flock using the type of tool they would like to see banned?

One could argue these "leaders" are really ****** shepherds.
    In the 2018 statement, they aren't calling for bans on any types of guns.
    Basically, the only issue I have with their position is that when quoting "gun violence" statistics, they leave in the calculation for "suicides" in that number. That's a sticking point that almost no mainstream media clarifies when addressing "gun violence".
    While I agree that suicide by firearm is a violent death. I believe it is intellectually dishonest to leave it included for the purposes of addressing gun crime.

"WHEREAS, Gun-related violence results in over thirty thousand deaths annually in the United States;

RESOLVED, That we commend the heroism of police officers, first responders, and bystanders who bravely intervene in violent situations to eliminate additional threats and provide emergency aid to victims (Romans 13:1–7);

RESOLVED, That we call on federal, state, and local authorities to address the epidemic of gun violence by evaluating the societal maladies that lead to escalations in gun violence and mass shootings; and be it further

RESOLVED, That we call on federal, state, and local authorities to implement preventative measures that would reduce gun violence and mass shootings while operating in accordance with the Second Amendment of the United States Constitution; and be it further

RESOLVED, That we affirm that gun ownership carries with it a great responsibility of being aware of the sinfulness of one’s own heart; and be it further"

Quiet Observer

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    St. John
    "The head of the Southern Baptist Convention’s Ethics and Religious Liberty Commission and 12 other Baptist leaders and pastors in Tennessee have urged state lawmakers to take action to help prevent further gun violence after last month’s shooting at a Nashville Christian school."

I imagine that there are more than 13 Southern Baptists. How many were involved in the passage of the 2018 resolution? Any large organization can have a small group that has views contrary to its mainstream. Is there anything indication that the vast majority of SBC members and pastors support more gun control?

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Basically, the only issue I have with their position is that when quoting "gun violence" statistics, they leave in the calculation for "suicides" in that number. That's a sticking point that almost no mainstream media clarifies when addressing "gun violence".
    While I agree that suicide by firearm is a violent death. I believe it is intellectually dishonest to leave it included for the purposes of addressing gun crime.

"WHEREAS, Gun-related violence results in over thirty thousand deaths annually in the United States;

RESOLVED, That we commend the heroism of police officers, first responders, and bystanders who bravely intervene in violent situations to eliminate additional threats and provide emergency aid to victims (Romans 13:1–7);

RESOLVED, That we call on federal, state, and local authorities to address the epidemic of gun violence by evaluating the societal maladies that lead to escalations in gun violence and mass shootings; and be it further

RESOLVED, That we call on federal, state, and local authorities to implement preventative measures that would reduce gun violence and mass shootings while operating in accordance with the Second Amendment of the United States Constitution; and be it further

RESOLVED, That we affirm that gun ownership carries with it a great responsibility of being aware of the sinfulness of one’s own heart; and be it further"
    Yeah, that sounds like that was written by what passes as a pro-2A, ”conservative“ republican. Capitulating to the faulty premises of the left means you’ve already lost the arguement.

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out

They seem to be calling for more control

Last edited:
    Top Bottom