• ...and so much more!
  • Super Bee

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 2, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    Last fall we took the motorhome to southern Indiana for a state park trip. Brown County sits on top of a huge hill, and has great scenery. The park itself is huge, the largest park in Indiana if I am not mistaken. Lots of stuff to do and see. Hiking, climbing, trails, look out points, swimming, and really nice lodge. It sits just outside of Nashville Indiana, a great little town. A family can spend an entire day there with lots of shops, and great places to eat. Spring Mill is also another great state park. It does not have the huge hills of Brown County, but a very nice park anyway. It has great trails, hiking, swimming and a large lodge. The real gem of Spring Mill is its real working grist mill and pioneer village. Everyday of the week the village is staffed by workers dressed in period costumes. Inside the mill is a pioneer museum. There is no extra cost to go through the mill or village. It has two caves if I remember. One is permanently closed, the other you take a guided boat tour through, kinda cool, but is seasonal and was closed when we were there last fall. Outside of the park itself, there is not much to do in the area. Brown County would get my vote just for the fact that Nashville is a neat little town which offers a family a little more to do.

rgrimm01

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 4, 2011
    Sullivan County, IN

Indy317

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 27, 2008
    I would say that for Indiana, Brown Co. SP would be a good bet. For starters, you have plenty of outdoor stuff to do. In addition, you can check out the tiny town of Nashville, IN. You could also drive about 20-30 mins. and check out either Columbus or Bloomington, IN. Edinburgh, IN isn't too far away either, and you could check out Not Just Popcorn in town, or visit the outlet mall and/or Exit 76 Antique Mall.

With KY, you will have a long drive, but I've heard their state parks are above that with what Indiana can offer. The Daniel Boone Nat'l. Forest has tons of things available. The northern section offers the Red River Gorge area (near Slade, KY) as well as Natural Bridge State Resort Park.

TaunTaun

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2011
    Brown County by far. Good for camping, hiking, riding horse, going shooting, and getting off the grid for awhile.

Top Bottom