• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MJ317

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 13, 2010
    Greenwood
    Just like to know how many INGO Vets and AC Military are utilizing this perk? For those that are interested here is a link for Q & A's you might have. My wife and I have been using it for the past two years and it is great. Follow the link and hope to see you on some future flights. We are in Tahoe now after flying from Scott AFB to Travis AFB, then we will fly on to Andrews to Norfolk and back to Scott.

Link: John D's Military Space-A Travel Index

22lr

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 8, 2009
    Jeff Gordon Country
    I plan on using it heavily once I go active this coming summer. Great site by the way, im hoping I can get around as much as you have. Looks like a blast. :yesway:

CountryBoy19

Grandmaster
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    Bedford, IN
    I met a guy in Hawaii that did it. He was a Korean War Vet IIRC and he just jumped on a plane and went wherever it took him. He didn't worry about lodging until he got where he was going. If there was a flight to a place he wanted to go he'd just "flip a coin" (figuratively speaking) to decide where to go next.

Sounded like a really cool lifestyle for a retired vet. He pretty much traveled all over the place for dirt cheap.

MJ317

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 13, 2010
    Greenwood
    We spent the day throwing snow balls at each other on Mt Rose which is 8800 ft above sea level. Awesome. Headed for Yosemite via Tiogo Pass if it is not closed due to an early snow. Will post more tomorrow.

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    I sure used the heck out of it in the service. Seeing the world was one of the perks. I always made sure I had enough money to buy a ticket back from where ever I went, though! Surprisingly, I never did have to use it, though I came close in Tokyo. Thankfully, an aircraft commander from my home base was there and recognized me, and got me on his plane home.

You have to be retired to use it after you are out, don't you?

singlesix

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, In
    IIRC, enlisted and vets only. No civilian employees AFAIK. But it would be awesome if civs could do it too (I'm an employee of the Navy).

Uniformed Services members and their dependents - I remember going from Korea to the States for a visit Space-A as a kid. We had a five day lay over in Japan. Fell in love with a Blonde Beauty just as a flight opened up. Hey five days in airport for a 12yo ... well you can live a lifetime.

MJ317

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 13, 2010
    Greenwood
    Been lucky, we've had only a day or two lay over when flights have dried up. We have had to fly to he east coast just to get to the midwest, which was great.

MJ317

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 13, 2010
    Greenwood
    Space-A Category 5 Hello

Any Cat 5 SA fliers? I have less than 30 days to take advantage of the AC Cat 3. I will be retiring and move into the Cat 5 category. We can still fly but it takes a lot more planning than just having orders and a DA-31.

MJ317

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 13, 2010
    Greenwood
    Space A Retired

Well, we have moved to the Retired category and our first trip out of Scott AFB was canceled due to they made a mistake on the posting. It never happened. That's the way it goes. Probably could not get lodging or a rental car anyway due to it was Pro Bowl week in HI.

Any Space A'ers out here that want to share their experiences please post? If not I will close this post and move on. Thanks :patriot:

Top Bottom