Spending 3 days in Boston. What should I see?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • magic man

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   1
    Mar 7, 2010
    NWI
    My dad and I will be landing in Boston at 8:40am on a Tuesday. We've got a hotel downtown about a 1.5 miles from Fenway Park. That night we have Yankees vs. Red Sox tickets. If we've got time Tuesday we'll be doing a tour of Fenway Park. If not, we'll do it Wednesday. We need to be back at the airport by 7pm Thursday for the flight out.

Any suggestions or must sees? Craft breweries?

We weren't planning on getting a car while there so things that are easily accessible by subway or a cheap uber/taxi ride are a plus. A rental car is a possibility if there's something outside the city worth the trip.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    So much to do in Boston!!! You'll love it.

Chinatown

New England Aquarium

Whale Spotting Boat Trip

Breed's Hill

Boston Public Library

The Fire Museum

Museum of African American History

Old State House

Massachusetts Historical Society

USS Constitution

kedie

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 5, 2008
    Southeast of disorder.
    Was just in Boston a couple of weeks ago. Did Uber the whole time. Boston would be a nightmare to drive in. Very cool city. I'm insanely jealous of your Sox tickets. If you like Italian food, North End is where you want to go. USS Constitution is cool, but she's in dry dock now. They're only allowing people on the top deck. The Fenway tour was pretty sweet, but I'm a Red Sox fan so I may be biased. Drink a beer at McGreevy's for me!

Cygnus

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2009
    New England
    You could do an OLd Town Trolley and see a lot of what is in Kirk's post. You pay like $30 and they take you around to about 18-20 historical sites. You can get off and a new trolley (open bus) pullls up every half hour. You can ride from 9-5 if you want. (Faniel Hall, North End ,Cheers, Boston Massacre site, old north church, etc.)
    If you decide to venture to see the Lexington Battle Green let me know. I am about 9 miles way. There is a pub or two near there.
    Also if you are all mobile enough you could walk the freedon trail.
    And lasty, you could do an INGO shoot at my club........

magic man

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   1
    Mar 7, 2010
    NWI
    You could do an OLd Town Trolley and see a lot of what is in Kirk's post. You pay like $30 and they take you around to about 18-20 historical sites. You can get off and a new trolley (open bus) pullls up every half hour. You can ride from 9-5 if you want. (Faniel Hall, North End ,Cheers, Boston Massacre site, old north church, etc.)
    If you decide to venture to see the Lexington Battle Green let me know. I am about 9 miles way. There is a pub or two near there.
    Also if you are all mobile enough you could walk the freedon trail.
    And lasty, you could do an INGO shoot at my club........

Thanks, I figured you'd have some suggestions. I don't know if I can trust a Patriots fan, though.:shady:

We were considering that trolley tour. A friend suggested it.

Cygnus

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2009
    New England
    Thanks, I figured you'd have some suggestions. I don't know if I can trust a Patriots fan, though.:shady:

We were considering that trolley tour. A friend suggested it.

If stop at Cheers or any other bar within a 10-12 mile radious of the Sam Adams brewery you can get a beer called Red Brick Ale. Only available if within that radias.
    Also if you make it to he Bright area Jim's Deli is a must. Also a decent pub crawl area. Pert Belly's has Irish folk from Ireland running the show.

And if you want you can come boating with me and Brady. We can show you the trajic spot where the phone and most of my guns went into the harbor.:D Sad to think that my guns and Brady's cell phone are down ther ewith that historic tea......

magic man

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   1
    Mar 7, 2010
    NWI
    If stop at Cheers or any other bar within a 10-12 mile radious of the Sam Adams brewery you can get a beer called Red Brick Ale. Only available if within that radias.
    Also if you make it to he Bright area Jim's Deli is a must. Also a decent pub crawl area. Pert Belly's has Irish folk from Ireland running the show.

And if you want you can come boating with me and Brady. We can show you the trajic spot where the phone and most of my guns went into the harbor.:D Sad to think that my guns and Brady's cell phone are down ther ewith that historic tea......

We were planning on going to Cheers and the Sam Adam brewery tour was on the radar also. Our hotel is about a 10 minute walk from Cheers.

I'll pass on the boat ride. With all the guns and Colts attire I own I might be the next thing to end up in the bottom of the harbor.:):

Last edited:

Cygnus

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2009
    New England
    We were planning on going to Cheers and the Sam Adam brewery tour was on the radar also. Our hotel is about a 10 minute walk from Cheers.

I'll pass on the boat ride. With all the guns and colts attire I own I might be the next thing to end up in the bottom of the harbor.:):

Hey, I said Brady, NOT Hernandez........besides , Colts attire is okay here. We appreciate the history. Now Jets, or Ravens not so much.

I reccomned The Screaming Viking if you do Cheers.

oldpink

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Farmland
    USS Constitution
    I'm ashamed to admit that I failed to go there when my own ship was there over the fourth of July in 1991.
    Shoulda crowded in time for at least that.
    Regretted it ever since.
    One place that I spent quite a bit of time checking out was the New England Aquarium.
    It was nearly impossible to walk away from two tanks (right next to each other) in particular, one containing a Jewfish (more commonly called the Goliath Grouper now), and the other with an immense Queensland Grouper.
    The Jewfish weighed 200+ lbs easily.
    The Queensland Grouper had to scale 300-400+ (maybe even more?), and he was the size of a VW Beetle!
    I have no idea if they have those two fish there now, but there was plenty of other stuff to see there.

oldpink

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Farmland

I'll pass on the boat ride. With all the guns and Colts attire I own I might be the next thing to end up in the bottom of the harbor.:):

I forgot about that.
    Yes, a buddy and I went into Cheers as well.
    It's nowhere near as big as it was made out on the TV show, and nowhere near as nice.
    I was especially let down when I didn't get to stand up right on cue and say "NORM!" ;)

riverman67

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 16, 2009
    Morgan County
    I don't know if you have the time....
    I spent some time working in the Boston area a few years ago and if I ever get back that way, Warrens lobster house in Kittery Maine is on the short list of places to eat.
    The lobster thermidore is freaking awesome!
    It's like a 40 minute drive but it's worth it if you have the time. On the plus side you could spend a little time in Portsmouth NH,a lot of history in that area.

AA&E

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 4, 2014
    Southern Indiana
    Bell in Hand Tavern. The oldest continuously operating pub (in it's original location) in America. Original oak wood floors where our fore-fathers once stood toasting their success as the British sailed over the horizon with their tail between their legs. The house recipe ale is still served today as it was then. Worth stopping in for lunch IMO.

Right outside the tavern is a red brick line embedded into the side walk. Follow it either direction for a historic walk through the sights of old Boston. North Church where the two lanterns were hung indicating the British advancement by sea is worth the walk. There is so much American history in Boston that everyone should visit at least once.

AA&E

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 4, 2014
    Southern Indiana
    I forgot about that.
    Yes, a buddy and I went into Cheers as well.
    It's nowhere near as big as it was made out on the TV show, and nowhere near as nice.
    I was especially let down when I didn't get to stand up right on cue and say "NORM!" ;)

I agree with your assessment. The food was decent though.

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    So much to do in Boston!!! You'll love it.

Chinatown

New England Aquarium

Whale Spotting Boat Trip

Breed's Hill

Boston Public Library

The Fire Museum

Museum of African American History

Old State House

Massachusetts Historical Society

USS Constitution

And Old North Church...Kudos for use of "Breed's Hill" rather than "Bunker Hill..":yesway:

If you can make it to Kittery, Maine the "Kittery Trading Post" is one awesome gun shop/outdoor shop....Picture Cabela's or Bass Pro Shop with a whole floor dedicated to new and used guns and not a chain store and you get the idea...

ktpimages.jpg

1st floor is sal****er fishing
    2nd floor is freshwater fishing and camping
    3rd floor is guns.guns,guns.....

Mods...Why can't I type sal****er without it being censored????? Is it because Indiana hasn't been an ocean bed for so long that we can't use the word here???:)

Last edited:
    Top Bottom