• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • boba fett

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 24, 2018
    Fort Wayne
    I was looking at one of the SA XD-E today at a local gun shop, I actually like the DA/SA offering here. It's a good choice in a single stack CCW. Being able to decock it and carry appendix is very appealing

dung

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 9, 2017
    Charlestwon
    I love mine, it isn't very small but is easier to conceal than my xdm. The day trigger pull is pretty long and safe. Get it.

Comiskeybum

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 11, 2017
    South Bend
    We sold a ton of them during my time working at the gun store. They are impressive guns. Until the P365 came out I was considering it for a single stack carry option.

NyleRN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Dec 14, 2013
    Scottsburg
    In today's market for a single stack to be competitive it needs to hit 2 main goals. Weight and size. The XD-E does neither of those

SchwansManDan

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 29, 2015
    Fort Wayne, or close
    I looked at one & liked it because it hit several of my hot buttons: hammer fired, external safety, DA/SA, but ... my goals for a carry gun are light weight & easy to conceal. The Sig P938, although more expensive, beats it on both points.
    And there will still be days when I slip that S&W Bodyguard .380 into my pocket. Slimmer & lighter than the Sig.

dung

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 9, 2017
    Charlestwon
    I don't have any problems concealing mine, but it isn't exactly small. However, it is way lighter than an XDM. Of course, it has half the lead in it.

sensor5

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2012
    While I am not particularly a Springfield Armory fan, I love my only SA product, XD-E, for the hammer, size, weight, and shootability. If I wanted a mouse gun, which I didn't, I would have bought something else. The XD-E, while slightly bigger than the XDS, is easy to carry and conceal. It has great sights and DOESN'T have the stupid grip safety.

Hopper

Master
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Nov 6, 2013
    Hamilton County
    Can you elaborate? I missed this.

This has been beaten to death. They made a political mistake with IL lawmakers, let go an employee largely responsible for the gaffe, and (I believe) sincerely appologized. While I'm not in a particular camp when it comes to being a Springfield fan, I think they do make a darned good product. Some people carry a torch for a long, long time. There are some who still won't buy Rugers because of some moves Bill did back in the day. Others still refuse to buy S&W revolvers because of the internal lock. Some won't buy Nikes because they are made in China. At some point, it's more for the rest of us who can't keep track of everyone else's moral high ground. \pseudo-rant.

While I am not particularly a Springfield Armory fan, I love my only SA product, XD-E, for the hammer, size, weight, and shootability. If I wanted a mouse gun, which I didn't, I would have bought something else. The XD-E, while slightly bigger than the XDS, is easy to carry and conceal. It has great sights and DOESN'T have the stupid grip safety.
    Well said. I had an XD-E for a short while. While it ended up not being for me (never quite felt right with my longish spidery fingers), it was a GREAT and accurate shooter, carried well, and no grip safety. The DA trigger pull was somewhat long and heavy, but linear and smooth. SA was really nice. I had heard there would be a PRP spring kit made available at some point to lighten up the DA trigger a bit, but I haven't seen that it's been released yet.

One minor problem I had with mine is that the front end of the recoil spring assembly plug had somehow gotten a bit of patina/rust on it. I contacted Springfield CS a couple times to get a replacement, but it was on the heels of their public relations nightmare from the IL snafu, and I still haven't heard back from them. But I should have called instead of sending emails, they do have good CS.

firecadet613

Master
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   1
    Dec 24, 2012
    This has been beaten to death. They made a political mistake with IL lawmakers, let go an employee largely responsible for the gaffe, and (I believe) sincerely appologized. While I'm not in a particular camp when it comes to being a Springfield fan, I think they do make a darned good product. Some people carry a torch for a long, long time. There are some who still won't buy Rugers because of some moves Bill did back in the day. Others still refuse to buy S&W revolvers because of the internal lock. Some won't buy Nikes because they are made in China. At some point, it's more for the rest of us who can't keep track of everyone else's moral high ground. \pseudo-rant.

Thanks! Not sure how I missed that....right now I only have Springfield and have been very happy with them.

DeadeyeChrista'sdad

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Feb 28, 2009
    winchester/farmland
    One minor problem I had with mine is that the front end of the recoil spring assembly plug had somehow gotten a bit of patina/rust on it. I contacted Springfield CS a couple times to get a replacement, but it was on the heels of their public relations nightmare from the IL snafu, and I still haven't heard back from them. But I should have called instead of sending emails, they do have good CS.

Ya know. I kind of hate it when people make my argument for me.
    Exactly how long ago did you send these emails to this wonderful customer service company?

Top Bottom