• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Armed-N-Ready

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 25, 2009
    Ft. Wayne
    Picked up a new Springfield XD-S 45ACP. I knew it was going home with me the second I picked it up and wiped the drool from my mouth. Pictures will be posted when time permits. I've only put 100 rounds of WWB down the pipe at Roush today, but had no problems. Recoil was light for such a small 45. It is about the same size as a LC9 or a Taurus 709 Slim. Comes with two magazines, smaller backstrap, holster, mag pouch and the obligatory lock in the typical Springfield case. Groups were pretty tight, 2 1/2" at 7 yds but I am still getting accustomed to the gun. The high viz front site is easy to seen in all lighting. I admit the 5 +1 capacity made me think it might not be a great EDC but the size is perfect. Now the wait for a good holster begins. Grain for grain it is the same as twelve 9 mm 115 grain rounds. When I have enough rounds through it with no problems it will be my new CC. I alway like the 45 but didn't have anything this small to carry .... problem solved, thank you Springfield.:rockwoot:

Bahrutile

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 16, 2012
    The holster hunt, I think im going with the hidden hybrid holster looks better than crossbreed and us cheaper, but I'm llooking for more reviews

KoopaKGB

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 99%
    100   1   0
    Dec 21, 2008
    South Bend
    I'm VERY curious about this gun. I figured a .45 in that small of a package would have brutal recoil. Glad to hear it was manageable. I'm gonna have to find a place to test fire this.

G McBride

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2008
    Centerville
    I have not seen any locally yet. I want to get one but have not found any on the East side of the state.

What do you see them selling for in the Gun shops?

Armed-N-Ready

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 25, 2009
    Ft. Wayne
    New holster on order.

I went with a N82 tactical tuckable IWB. It had great reviews and looks pretty comfy. I'm looking forward to getting more range time and more rounds down range to make sure it will be reliable with SD ammo.

rdg

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jan 10, 2011
    Fishers
    I got Three of the 7 round mags from Springfield. Weight still negligible..going to see how it impacts (positive or negative) my grip and control for shooting. I fully anticipate better groupings.

Top Bottom