• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • timhixson

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 21, 2012
    I gambled on them holding about the same value. Sent mine in and was received on 9/4, still patiently awaiting a status change from received. A few weeks ago I came across a LNIB XDS45 for $500 and bought it, knowing I would need to send it in. When I bought my first one it was 600 OTD and the going rate around here. Not sure when I will send the 2nd one in, except that it won't be before I receive my 1st one back. Plus, I will be able to compare side by side the difference in trigger

I think there will be deals to find. I am giving $600 for the two tone one, but included is 5-1/2 boxes of ammo, IWB holster, and extended extra mag.

mbaza3

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Nov 21, 2009
    Arizona
    I honestly have forgotten about my bi-tone XDS-45. It will be back soon since it was received on 9/5. I am not sure if I will keep it or sell it since my PM9 has grown on me.

Glock19

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 17, 2012
    NE Indianapolis
    Mine was received on 9/3 also ,and still the status is " Has Been Received "
    Had it for sale before the recall and plan to sell it when ever it comes back
    Mine got there the 3rd too just got email last night, should be here friday. FINALLY...a bit more than the 30 day promised huh!?

Glock19

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 17, 2012
    NE Indianapolis
    I gambled on them holding about the same value. Sent mine in and was received on 9/4, still patiently awaiting a status change from received. A few weeks ago I came across a LNIB XDS45 for $500 and bought it, knowing I would need to send it in. When I bought my first one it was 600 OTD and the going rate around here. Not sure when I will send the 2nd one in, except that it won't be before I receive my 1st one back. Plus, I will be able to compare side by side the difference in trigger

Same situation here, got one the other day for a bit less than 500 but hey....I was happy with it before the recall. Wont be sending this one in for a bit,if I even keep it. my fixed one will be here friday. I will let everyone know on the trigger difference too..

I honestly have forgotten about my bi-tone XDS-45. It will be back soon since it was received on 9/5. I am not sure if I will keep it or sell it since my PM9 has grown on me.
    Don't count on soon....They still have thousands that came in on the 3rd and they are doing them in order of day recieved. I bet you have months...I really hope you dont, but.....springfield finds anything else wrong they wont return them if they do is what they told me...

mbaza3

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Nov 21, 2009
    Arizona
    I would not carry one needing to be repaired. I think if you used it for defense the bad guys lawyer might use this in his defense.

BIGE7.62

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 98.5%
    66   1   0
    Jul 29, 2010
    The Hills of Brown
    Mine got there the 3rd too just got email last night, should be here friday. FINALLY...a bit more than the 30 day promised huh!?
    I have yet to get an email for the return date . I have to say, I'm not much of an XD series fan or Springfield at this point . Had thought's about the EMP , but I think I'll avoid Springfield from here on out . Yes 30 days was BS , I feel they blow smoke up our azz to cover theirs . They should have just told us they had a problem and no fix !

shibumiseeker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009
    near Bedford on a whole lot of land.
    I missed delivery yesterday when I was away from the house for a couple of hours, but I got it in today. It included the 7rnd magazine as promised for our "troubles." First impressions are the trigger is substantially heavier. I don't have a pull-weight comparison from before, but at a feel it's twice the weight it was before being sent in. Smooth enough but not very crisp. They took a mediocre trigger and made it one step above a crappy trigger.

I'm heading out to put a few rounds through it to ensure it functions properly. I still like the gun, though a little less so. I still am not pleased with Springfield because of the whole mess.

Glock19

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 17, 2012
    NE Indianapolis
    How, If I used it in defense and it worked as it was originally supposed to, no problem. I intended to shoot the guy robbing me and it worked as intended. The only way I see the recall helping is for the criminals. A guy goes into a store to rob it and the gun goes off the criminal says hey it wasnt supposed to, must be a problem with the gun. Theres actually a few cases like this already Ive heard...

mbaza3

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Nov 21, 2009
    Arizona
    The chances of the gun malfunctioning due to the recall issue in self defense are slim but I would not want to risk it.

Last edited:

Glock19

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 17, 2012
    NE Indianapolis
    Have you read what the recall was for? Its not a doesnt shoot recall.. Its a accidental double tap when shot and accidental fire when you rack a round in the chamber. If you accidentally shoot someone then your probably being an idiot with a gun anyways even with the recall...

TheSpark

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2013
    The chances of the gun malfunctioning due to the recall issue in self defense are slim but I would not want to risk it.

From what I have read and watched on youtube there is only one way to make the gun malfunction. You have to rack the slide without pressing the grip safety. If you do that the gun could slamfire and go full auto. However, even if you do the chances of it firing appear to be very unlikely. In fact, most people who try to make it malfunction are unable to do so, but it can happen.

Try to intentionally rack the slide without pressing the grip safety with it unloaded (did you triple check?). You will notice the trigger does not reset. Also note to yourself how difficult it is to do this intentionally and try to even imagine yourself doing it by accident (won't happen).

I've said it before and will say it again: A XDs not fixed by the recall is 100% safe unless the user is stupid. If the user is that stupid then no gun in their hands is safe.

I will say it is sort of unacceptable though that Springfield did not catch this issue before the gun was released.

Last edited:

whippo

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 17, 2013
    Indianapolis
    From what I have read and watched on youtube there is only one way to make the gun malfunction. You have to rack the slide without pressing the grip safety. If you do that the gun could slamfire and go full auto. However, even if you do the chances of it firing appear to be very unlikely. In fact, most people who try to make it malfunction are unable to do so, but it can happen.

Try to intentionally rack the slide without pressing the grip safety with it unloaded (did you triple check?). You will notice the trigger does not reset. Also note to yourself how difficult it is to do this intentionally and try to even imagine yourself doing it by accident (won't happen).

I've said it before and will say it again: A XDs not fixed by the recall is 100% safe unless the user is stupid. If the user is that stupid then no gun in their hands is safe.

I will say it is sort of unacceptable though that Springfield did not catch this issue before the gun was released.

Did you stay at a holiday inn express last night

Top Bottom