• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rayz

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 5, 2020
    Martinsville
    Are there any armors around Indy who can make this trigger better. Love the gun but shooting 1911's for many years and picking up this xds, well you know what I mean.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Paging Mr M, Mr Allen M... Paging Mr Mouse, Mr Church Mouse...

Hopper

Master
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Nov 6, 2013
    Hamilton County
    Try checking Powder River Precision's website. They have some great stuff for Springfield striker-fired pistols and might have something to make your XDS trigger more liveable.

bcannon

QC Dept aka Picky F'er
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Apr 13, 2012
    Boiler Country
    ^^^The PRP triggers are what you're looking for. I havnt put one in my XDs but in the XDm theyre excellent. If you go with them change your poly pins to stainless pins. If you have any mechanical abilities theyre a easy install also.

Last edited:

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    ^^^The PRP triggers are what you're looking for. I havnt put one in my XDs but in the XDm theyre excellent. If you go with them change you poly pins to stainless pins. If you have any mechanical abilities theyre a easy install also.

This is probably your best option.

But I will say this. Getting a polymer gun to have a trigger like a 1911 probably won't happen. The PRP trigger will help some, but it won't be as good as a 1911.

I own and shoot an XDs and XDm. I've tried the PRP in a XDm. It was ok, but not enough for me to spend the extra money for the upgrade.

I'd see if you can find one and try it out first.

bcannon

QC Dept aka Picky F'er
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Apr 13, 2012
    Boiler Country

But I will say this. Getting a polymer gun to have a trigger like a 1911 probably won't happen. The PRP trigger will help some, but it won't be as good as a 1911.

I own and shoot an XDs and XDm. I've tried the PRP in a XDm. It was ok, but not enough for me to spend the extra money for the upgrade.

I shoot both the XDs and XDm and I would say the PRP definitely made my XDms better and more enjoyable to shoot. I will put one in my XDs in time.
    I also agree with BT, as for making a striker fired as good as a 1911, I think you have a snowballs chance in hell. Theres no way possible imho. The CZ TSO is close but thats the closest Ive found. A good 1911 trigger is hard to beat or equal. Again imho.

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    An XDs is not a 1911, and was not meant to be. You will not improve an XDs to match the trigger feel of a 1911. Period.

I don't mess with the triggers on my carry guns. And I'm guessing that this is a carry gun, since almost no one buys a small, light gun like an XDs for a range toy. If I find a trigger unsatisfactory for the task at typical self-defense ranges, I simply don't use that platform for EDC. That being said, I don't have a problem getting combat accuracy when shooting quick, fast and in a hurry with just about any semiauto platform. Before you go spending money on unnecessary "upgrades," be sure that you are not trying to fix a software problem with new hardware.

Rayz

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 5, 2020
    Martinsville

I hear you. Shot my Kimber yesterday and it was like ahhh this is how its supposed to be.

Top Bottom