• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gglass

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    ELKHART
    The PPX may be ugly and I'll likely never own one, but DAMN can those things shoot.

Here is Hickock45 hitting targets with regularity that he sometimes missies with high-dollar pistols...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gZYHzqlMqSg

As a comparison, here is Hickock45 shooting the new Glock 40. He is a self-professed Glock guy who says that he shoots Glocks better than most anything else. Maybe he should switch to the PPX since his hit rate is higher with the cheap gun? I mean really... He would just be trading one ugly gun for another. :):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lwGrpePCYeI

Last edited:

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    The PPX may be ugly and I'll likely never own one, but DAMN can those things shoot.

Here is Hickock45 hitting targets with regularity that he sometimes missies with high-dollar pistols...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gZYHzqlMqSg

You can find them at Rural King for $249.99 (after rebate and discount) occasionally. You can't beat the value. There is nothing in the sub $400 ballpark (new) that can equal them.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Maybe it looks better if you think of it as a bullpup pistol. It seriously looks like they pushed the whole slide mechanism back, but in reality, it's just the shrouded hammer. Still, maybe it looks better if you pretend that it's a bullpup.

NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    The Walther PPX does look like a hi point. Good thing they shoot really well. The triggers are a huge surprised when you dry fire one. If Glocks had triggers that good, no one would buy anything else.
    My Glocks do have a trigger that good if not better.:thumbsup:

[FONT=&amp]NRA Life Member [/FONT]NRA Basic pistol instructor[FONT=&amp] /[/FONT][FONT=&amp] RSO[/FONT]
    Glock certified armorer- M&P Certified armorer
    [FONT=&amp]“[/FONT]Safety is not something that you hold in your hands, it happens between your ears” Col. Jeff Cooper

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    My Glocks do have a trigger that good if not better.:thumbsup:

[FONT=&amp]NRA Life Member [/FONT]NRA Basic pistol instructor[FONT=&amp] /[/FONT][FONT=&amp] RSO[/FONT]
    [FONT=&amp]“[/FONT]Safety is not something that you hold in your hands, it happens between your ears” Col. Jeff Cooper

If you do, it's not with factory parts. It's not even close.

NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0

gglass

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    ELKHART
    Depends on your definition of "not even close". The only part I change is the connector and I have managed to get somewhat of an endorsement from our resident Glock critic and INGO luminary BehindblueIs..
    [FONT=&amp]https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/handguns/335042-making-glock-shootable-worked.html

[/FONT]

NRA Basic pistol instructor[FONT=&amp] /[/FONT][FONT=&amp] RSO[/FONT]

That is like saying, "the only thing I changed on my M&P was to an Apex sear".

Thanks for making Rhino's point.

NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    That is like saying, "the only thing I changed on my M&P was to an Apex sear".

Thanks for making Rhino's point.
    Does putting an Apex sear in make it an Apex pistol, and if you call changing 1 part out of a possible half dozen not even close to stock you're closer to splitting hairs than, IMHO than making a huge change.. Most can't tell the difference in a visual inspection if a Glock has a Ghost connector and even fewer can spot an Apex sear. If you can see a few degrees, in the case of the Ghost or .030 in the case of the Apex sear you got you some eagle eyes. Call it a huge mod if you want but I"ll put the Apex or a Glock I've put a Ghost setup in against any factory trigger. I'm confident that anyone that understands trigger geometry will appreciate and more than likely prefer the modded triggers. The Walther trigger is really good for out of the box but so is a Bersa BP9CC. If you prefer the stock setup it's your decision but to say it is better than a Apex in an M&P or a properly prepped Glock with a Ghost setup is comparing apples and oranges. Where the PPX is concerned, there's a reason it's $300. If it was as good as a PPQ it would cost $600 so it's obvious that where Walther is concerned the PPX is about half the pistol of the PPQ. Personally I'll avoid the bargain basement pistols and stick with my Glock or M&P for a couple hundred more. I"ll also spend a few extra dollars on trigger mods that enhance my accuracy.

[FONT=&amp]NRA Life Member[/FONT][FONT=&amp]-- [/FONT][FONT=&amp]GSSF member[/FONT][FONT=&amp]
    [/FONT]Glock certified armorer- M&P Certified armorer[FONT=&amp]
    [/FONT]NRA Basic pistol instructor[FONT=&amp] /[/FONT][FONT=&amp] RSO[/FONT][FONT=&amp]
    [/FONT]Bright Firearms instructor trainee :)

Last edited:

gglass

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    ELKHART
    Does putting an Apex sear in make it an Apex pistol, and if you call changing 1 part out of a possible half dozen not even close to stock you're closer to splitting hairs than, IMHO than making a huge change.. Most can't tell the difference in a visual inspection if a Glock has a Ghost connector and even fewer can spot an Apex sear. If you can see a few degrees, in the case of the Ghost or .030 in the case of the Apex sear you got you some eagle eyes. Call it a huge mod if you want but I"ll put the Apex or a Glock I've put a Ghost setup in against any factory trigger. I'm confident that anyone that understands trigger geometry will appreciate and more than likely prefer the modded triggers. The Walther trigger is really good for out of the box but so is a Bersa BP9CC. If you prefer the stock setup it's your decision but to say it is better than a Apex in an M&P or a properly prepped Glock with a Ghost setup is comparing apples and oranges. Where the PPX is concerned, there's a reason it's $300. If it was as good as a PPQ it would cost $600 so it's obvious that where Walther is concerned the PPX is about half the pistol of the PPQ. Personally I'll avoid the bargain basement pistols and stick with my Glock or M&P for a couple hundred more. I"ll also spend a few extra dollars on trigger mods that enhance my accuracy.

[FONT=&amp]NRA Life Member[/FONT][FONT=&amp]-- [/FONT][FONT=&amp]GSSF member[/FONT][FONT=&amp]
    [/FONT]Glock certified armorer- M&P Certified armorer[FONT=&amp]
    [/FONT]NRA Basic pistol instructor[FONT=&amp] /[/FONT][FONT=&amp] RSO[/FONT][FONT=&amp]
    [/FONT]Bright Firearms instructor trainee :)

Umm... OK... Was that an argument, a statement, a rant or just a collection of thoughts that are kinda sorta related to the subject at hand?

level0

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 13, 2013
    Indianapolis
    Otherwise, for me, the PPQ is everything I read about it, so much so that if I run across a slightly used PPQ M1 with the paddle-style mag release at a good price, I may be quite tempted.
    You won't be disappointed. The M1 in 9mm is my EDC and I could not be more happy with my selection. I've put no less than 750 rounds through it and have yet to experience anything other than perfect reliability. I've put all manner of ammo down it, from remans to that filthy Federal white box which left a dusty coating all over the barrel, to Barnes TAC-XPD 115g and Speer Gold Dot. It eats it all, every time. Best out of the box trigger I've ever shot. As for paddle release - love it. I can drop a magazine without modifying my grip at all, something I not been able to do with the push button releases. I really could not be more pleased.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    :lmfao: Sorry to those that like them, I'm sure they are great, but damn they ugly.

A friend of mine got one awhile back.

It's clearly built to be as inexpensive as possible, but it's a faaaaaaaaar cry from a hipoint or a taurus.

The polymer is a little more flimsy than I'm used to, and machining processes are obviously kept minimal, but hey for the money you'd be hard pressed to do better.

Hopper

Master
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Nov 6, 2013
    Hamilton County
    You won't be disappointed. The M1 in 9mm is my EDC and I could not be more happy with my selection.

Really good report, thank you for this! Something about the ambi paddle release really appeals to me. I'm not a southpaw, but the design just makes sense. Years ago I had a little Walther P22 with that same paddle release, and I liked it a lot.

As much as I've become a revolver guy, the M1 keeps gnawing at the back of my mind. I don't need another 9mm. Don't need another 9mm. Need another 9mm. I need another 9mm... you know how it goes!

Top Bottom