• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rgrimm01

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 4, 2011
    Sullivan County, IN
    I have been wanting a SR 1911 since I have seen them on the Ruger site. Been a huge fan of Ruger all my adult life. I am aware that they have been/are on an allotment basis. That one has to be in the right place at the right time. Unfortunately, I do not live in a firearm retail business. Is anyone finding them to more readily available? Who is getting the lion's share of the allotment?

Cam

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 7, 2008
    Tipton County
    Don't know who's getting them, but I haven't seen one in person yet anywhere. Be patient, they'll eventually start hitting the classifieds, etc.

I'm really liking the new 4" SP101 but I know I'll not see one of those for a while either.

crispy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 29, 2010
    Noblesville
    No, still rare as hen's teeth.

I had a Ruger SR1911 fund. I throw money in it whenever I get the chance. When I get it up to $700 or so I look around and see if I can find one.

I've already spent my SR1911 fund twice on other things... Tired of waiting. Ruger has probably lost me as a customer.

HaleysLodge

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 6, 2011
    Lafayette
    SR 1911's are on a short list from the wholesellers and they are not impossible to get you just have to wait, Ruger is just not putting out that many from the factory as of yet, but I have heard that by the beginning of the year they should be making more as 1911 are hard to make and its all about getting the process down.

hpclayto

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   1
    Nov 8, 2008
    I'm not sure when the next 1500 is but thats where i was lucky enough to find one a few months ago. I overpaid but it's a fantastic gun.

donnie1581

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 5, 2011
    Elwood, IN
    I've seen two since mid September go through the hands of a dealer in Frankton which is in Madison county. As soon as he gets them, he lists them on his site and they are gone quite quickly, like same day.

sadclownwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 97.7%
    43   1   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    NWI
    I was at Blythes in Valpo 2 days ago asking about the SR1911. The manager there said they had an average self time of about 15 minutes.

Dr.Midnight

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    Monroe County
    I haven't seen one in a display case anywhere, but one of the gun shop employees let me handle his own SR1911. I really liked the way that gun felt, and based on his glowing praise, I've started my own little fund. I'm just waiting to be in the right place at the right time.

hbarnett1

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 7, 2009
    I have been wanting a SR 1911 since I have seen them on the Ruger site. Been a huge fan of Ruger all my adult life. I am aware that they have been/are on an allotment basis. That one has to be in the right place at the right time. Unfortunately, I do not live in a firearm retail business. Is anyone finding them to more readily available? Who is getting the lion's share of the allotment?
    There are 3, .45 cal Ruger SR1911s on gunbroker.com right now.

1911 nut

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2010
    Nothwest In.
    Cabela's in Hammond has them , they are not in the case you have to ask one of the guys behind the counter and they will go get one from the back

Arthur Dent

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 21, 2010
    Local place near me had one. Briefly had one. But I was able to get my mitts on it and fondle it for a bit, it was VERY nice! Didn't have the cash to zap it up right away so I lost out. Lack of availability quickly had me looking elsewhere for a 1911, though.

Picit

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    Kokomo IN
    Ive got the scoop on them and also have one myself but here it is, I sell for a local shop and one of my sales reps said his company had a promo going and 3 reps won a tour of the ruger factory, before entering the 1911 build room they were told not to talk or ask questions but that didnt last long. There are six guys building them right now and each buiilds one a day, each are hand fitted and they are really taking time on them, Ruger doesnt need another recall!!! lol
    They will ramp up production soon I hope because 30 a week isnt going to meet the demand!!
    I havent shot mine yet and have thought about selling it myself after seeing what they are bring on GB!!
    Nice pistol for the money!

Top Bottom