• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Ive got the scoop on them and also have one myself but here it is, I sell for a local shop and one of my sales reps said his company had a promo going and 3 reps won a tour of the ruger factory, before entering the 1911 build room they were told not to talk or ask questions but that didnt last long. There are six guys building them right now and each buiilds one a day, each are hand fitted and they are really taking time on them, Ruger doesnt need another recall!!! lol
    They will ramp up production soon I hope because 30 a week isnt going to meet the demand!!
    I havent shot mine yet and have thought about selling it myself after seeing what they are bring on GB!!
    Nice pistol for the money!

Seems like they would be losing money on each one sold if they had a guy doing nothing but building a single SR1911 each day :dunno:

rgrimm01

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 4, 2011
    Sullivan County, IN
    I had called PSS about 3 weeks ago, was told that they had received 5 since the release and that they did not sit on the shelf long. They are strictly first come, first serve, no list....

Picit

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    Kokomo IN
    Seems like they would be losing money on each one sold if they had a guy doing nothing but building a single SR1911 each day :dunno:
    Yeah I agree, but like I said Ruger doesnt need another recall and Im sure they want this gun to be perfect before they pump them out.

Top Bottom