• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • FrankTank83

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 26, 2013
    Indianapolis, IN
    Out of the two choices, I'd go with the wood. I overheard someone at the 1500 ask a vendor if he had pearl grips on his pistol. The guy replied "pearl is for sissies, this is ivory!". So if you want to compromise...how about some ivory?

fishbass62

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   1
    Dec 24, 2011
    Franklin
    Thanks for all the replies. I'll stick with the original Ruger grips for now. By the way, Patton did carry pearl grip pistols.
    th

Sainte

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 14, 2013
    my opinion since you asked is that those pearl grips are ugly as hell on that pistol!

Maybe, maybe on a black pistol but NEVER on that brushed gun. Just plain ugly. Doesnt matter if it's the wife's gun or not, it's still ugly.

again, just my opinion.

Last edited:

DRob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Aug 2, 2008
    Southside of Indy
    I don't understand

Answer me this: Did you buy the thing to admire it or shoot it? The call 'em "GRIPS" for a reason. Wonder if it has something to do with grip!

BTW, those girly-pearly grips are u-g-l-y!

Spucky138

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 23, 2012
    Fort Wayne
    i would stick with the wood. If you really want to change out the grips, I like the earlier suggestion of carbon fiber. That would look pretty cool:cool:

TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Grips are a very personal choice. Biggest concern is what are they going to be used for? Mainly ascetics on like a BBQ gun or functional on a carry gun. As for shooting I have gone to either VZ grips or Alumagrips. I love the look of a good set of wood grips on any gun but they are my last choice for a shooter.

Oh yeah and that thing that has been said about only a pimp would carry peal grips, that is pretty much how I see it also.

Top Bottom