• Rob377

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Dec 30, 2008
    DT
    I have said this as well,
    single stack into production 8 round major 10 round minor
    let production gun stick magwells on there.

or production should go 15 rounds

limited 10 should go away

+1 to most of this.

I'm not crazy about the magwell idea. I'd go the other way. Limit SSTK guns to magwells that don't flare beyond the grip profile. E.g. the S&A style.

Snizz1911

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 8, 2013
    I like production the way it is, and single stack seems to be a was with minor/major. I don't think anybody's gonna be too butthurt if L10 got axed... Other then the 4 people in the US that shoot it bc they can't hang in limited.

midget

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Apr 2, 2010
    Leo
    I like production the way it is, and single stack seems to be a was with minor/major. I don't think anybody's gonna be too butthurt if L10 got axed... Other then the 4 people in the US that shoot it bc they can't hang in limited.
    It normally isn't people who "can't hang in limited." It is a lot of guys who like their SS 1911's a lot, and/or trying to be "smart" and shoot in a smaller group to win a prize...

romack991

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 27, 2012
    I think it's mostly a wash. Different stages will be slightly better or worse depending on stage design and stage plan. I shot SS minor my first year in USPSA. I shot SS major my second year. While shooting minor, everyone told me that shooting minor was a big disadvantage.

So I kept a log of my results when shooting minor and calculated the difference between major and minor scoring. Difference in total match points for me was roughly 3% (I was shooting roughly 90 to 95% of the points). To make up the ~3% points reduction, you'd have to shoot the match roughly 5 to 8 seconds faster. A standing reload or eliminated shooting position and you can see how this would balance out over a course of a match.

For club matches, being scored major or minor would make no difference in my overall placement. The field in SS is typically small enough that you aren't separated by 1 or 2%. In a major match, I think this changed my place by a few spots. Hardly enough to worry about. But I wanted another gun so I bought a 45.

The better you are at hitting A's, the less minor scoring impacts you. However if you are hitting A's, you probably aren't going to have a lot of standing reloads. If you can hit A's fast, you probably don't need to worry whether you are shooting major or minor.

If I did decide to go back to minor, I would probably just switch to a CZ or Tanfo production rig so I have an excuse to buy more guns and there are typically more competitors in production than SS at local matches.

mongo404

Master
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Sep 18, 2009
    Frankfort
    Bill You bought the gun. Now just shoot the D*mn thing!!!

But with your girly like grip I would say for you it would be a great advantage. Load up some 147 grain powder puff loads and have fun with it..

If you change your mind Ill give ya $100 for it and let Becky shoot it!!!

Top Bottom