• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • knobcreeknut

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 18, 2008
    shelbyville
    thought you all might enjoy some pics of the thompsons used in the St. valentines day massacre. I got a chance to see and handle them a couple of weeks ago at the Thompson collectors association show and shoot. Sadly, I didn't win the raffle to be the lucky one to dump a drum through them, but it was neat just to be able to hold the most infamous guns in the world.

Colt Thompson Ser# 2347 fired 50rounds in the massacre

2347witthposter.jpg

Colt Thompson ser# 7580 fired 20 rounds in the massacre. finish is messed up due to the acid used to "raise" the ser# that had been ground off

7580full.jpg

me with #2347 representin INGO

mewith2347.jpg

hope you enjoyed the pics

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Who owns the current set of guns? Looks like a sheriff's patch on the 2nd image.
    Also please ensure that tomorrow when the I6BO NSP come knocking on your door to go with the without any trouble. You need some re-edumaction cause you seems to love guns too much & those are evil thoughts. =)

knobcreeknut

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 18, 2008
    shelbyville
    1,500,000 - 4,000,000 pennies

prices vary depending on model and manufacturer. Colts are the high end and are currently in the 25 - 35k range. military guns 15-20k west hurleys are in about the same range. there is a lot to learn before buying one. I would suggest picking up Tracy Hills new book to learn about the history and different models. also join the Thompson collectors association (TCA) or The American Thompson Association (TATA) to get knowledge. Machinegunboards.com also has a very informative board dedicated to the Thompson.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    there is a lot to learn before buying one. I would suggest picking up Tracy Hills new book to learn about the history and different models. also join the Thompson collectors association (TCA) or The American Thompson Association (TATA) to get knowledge. Machinegunboards.com also has a very informative board dedicated to the Thompson.

:dunno:...Lots to learn...:dunno:
    Non-sence just pull trigger and see :ar15:
    :D

Plus you can use the Thompson as weights to exercise your arms. The thompson that I was able to view and hold at the Indy 1500 (was a semi-auto version) was heavy evn without the clip/drum on it. Can only imagine the additional weight a 100 drum .45 would add to the bad boy.

yogiboobooranger

Plinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.1%
    53   1   0
    May 16, 2008
    La Porte
    We had one on our City Police Department when I was an Officer and had to qualify with it once per year. Now the gun is in a museum here in La Porte. Very fun to shoot.

joekoug

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jun 12, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Interesting tidbid-

My Grandfather has the cash register that was inside of the SMC Cartage Company (the place where the massacre occurred) from when the massacre happened. His Father (my Great-Grandfather) was a street produce vendor at the time selling produce out of the back of a horse drawn wagon at the time in the Lincoln Park neighborhood of Chicago. My Great-Grandfather knew who the hell knows and ended up with it after they gutted the building. I believe it's a "National" brand cash register - very very old school. I wish there was some way to prove it is what it is, my Grandpa isn't one to lie or make stories, he says it is what it is and I believe him 100%. He never gave a crap what it was worth, he just always loved showing people his little souvenier from 1929.

Joe

** Sorry - I kind of thread-jacked **

Last edited:
    Top Bottom