• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • venenoindy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Jul 14, 2009
    Noblesville
    Im looking for handgun to take some classes with and to shoot extended range sessions, Im looking for something that can reduce as much as possible the recoil due to a wrist injury. I carry and shoot Glock but I want a soft shooting handgun as possible, Staccato P or CZ Shadow 2?, needs to be reliable!

Dean C.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Westfield
    TgWfBRw.jpg

I had a Shadow 2 in the past and shoot a Staccato P now (my TSO made the Shadow 2 irrelevant). The recoil impulse between the Shadow 2 and P are similar but I prefer the 2011 and it's SAO trigger. The only pistol I have the shoots as softly as my P is my CZ Tactical Sport Orange. That being said the price difference between the two is like $1000 , and the current wait time from Staccato is several months apparently (and don't forget magazines are $70+).

Both are awesome guns , just really comes down to personal preference. If it helps I would buy the P over the Shadow 2 again in a heartbeat

Dean C.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Westfield
    CZ Shadow 2 SA

I picked up a S2 SA about a year ago and love it. With light "minor" loads the recoil is rediculously low.

KYGUNCO has had a variety of the Shadow 2s available lately.

Here's a search from gundeals this morning....Gundeals Shadow 2 search

Do you have any issue with the safety on the Shadow 2? The grip was large enough I had a hard time with the standard slim safety, though I shot it mostly DA/SA so the safety was a non issue 95% of the time.

gmcttr

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    May 22, 2013
    Columbus
    ...With light "minor" loads the recoil is rediculously low...

The above advice on minor loads is right on. I'm not currently reloading for 9mm so I use Federal Syntech 150 gr Action Pistol ammo. It is loaded to just make "minor" classification and is soft shooting. You might also try Syntech 130gr PCC ammo. It is designed to for 16" PCC barrels and will be a light load in a pistol.

I have a Shadow 2 but not having shot the other pistol I can't compare them.

t-squared

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 9, 2012
    Crown Point
    Do you have any issue with the safety on the Shadow 2? The grip was large enough I had a hard time with the standard slim safety, though I shot it mostly DA/SA so the safety was a non issue 95% of the time.
    No I don't. I use it as a "shelf" for my thumb just like a 1911. I've got fairly large hands, and for me, the ergos if the Shadow are what helped me get past the spendy price tag.

One thing I do have a small issue with is the little ledge on the slide release. I rest my left thumb on it and it can start to annoy it if I shoot a bunch in a session. Granted, it wouldn't take much to remove or angle it to eliminate the issue.

Dean C.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Westfield
    ^^

Makes sense, I had to install the large thumb safety on my TSO so I could reliably flick it off. For whatever reason I have a much harder time with CZ safety's than 1911's. Not sure if it would work on a Shadow 2 but I just totally removed my slide release, got in the way of the gas pedal.

DyRDo8V.jpg

PAT458

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 18, 2016
    Carmel
    I really like my CZ Shadow 2. At nearly 3 pounds, it is a very soft shooter. It really made me a better shooter but the gun is still better than me. Also, I really like my Dan Wesson 1911 Valor in 9mm. Probably the best trigger . Bought Wilson Combat magazines. These two guns are the favorites in my collection.

Top Bottom