bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Good for you Frank!

I've a fair number of interactions that came about through moving violations. Most were good, including getting me out of the tickets.

I had one firearm confiscation (Btown) that wasted my time and that of the officers. I was treated respectfully and dodged the ticket though. This one prompted me to examine BUG possibilities.

KW730

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 18, 2012
    Not just IMPD, but only concerned with Indiana incidents.
    Had an incident in Vincennes, but it concerned a long gun so it's understandable if that's not what you're looking for. Also had a positive encounter in Vincennes that I could share.

Frank_N_Stein

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Beech Grove, IN
    Had an incident in Vincennes, but it concerned a long gun so it's understandable if that's not what you're looking for. Also had a positive encounter in Vincennes that I could share.

I guess I should have clarified, I can use any encounter between the police and a lawfully armed citizen. Long gun or handgun, doesn't matter.

turn n shoot

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 15, 2011
    Indianapolis
    You may include me in your study. My handgun was taken from my car by the police when I went to a Hospital Emergency Room. My wife drove me to the hospital, and parked outside the Emergency Room entrance. An "attendant" parked the car, saw my gun, and notified the police that were on duty at the hospital.

Mostly, I had no problem with the situation, except I had a concussion, and the police officer demanded to see my LTCH while I was being treated. He was really "pushy" until he saw my License.

Tom

brotherbill3

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 10, 2010
    Hamilton Co.
    I got 'pulled over' while riding bike; wasn't disarmed, but it was sorta annoying ... in Hamilton Co. by a Sheriff Dept. LT. ... PM for detail if you want them; glad to help.

Frank_N_Stein

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Beech Grove, IN
    You may include me in your study. My handgun was taken from my car by the police when I went to a Hospital Emergency Room. My wife drove me to the hospital, and parked outside the Emergency Room entrance. An "attendant" parked the car, saw my gun, and notified the police that were on duty at the hospital.

Mostly, I had no problem with the situation, except I had a concussion, and the police officer demanded to see my LTCH while I was being treated. He was really "pushy" until he saw my License.

Tom

I will keep your story under consideration, but for the most part I am looking for people who had the guns on their person. Thank you for the input.

Hammerhead

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 2, 2010
    Bartholomew County
    I wish I could help you Frank, but the only time I've ever had an interaction with a LEO was in Shelbyville at the Bears of Blue River Festival. She asked that I cover, I said I didn't feel the urge, and she suggested that there was the potential for further interaction if someone made a MWAG call. I thanked her and walked away.

She didn't disarm me, and I didn't tell her to go perform an anatomically impossible act.

Frank_N_Stein

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Beech Grove, IN
    I wish I could help you Frank, but the only time I've ever had an interaction with a LEO was in Shelbyville at the Bears of Blue River Festival. She asked that I cover, I said I didn't feel the urge, and she suggested that there was the potential for further interaction if someone made a MWAG call. I thanked her and walked away.

She didn't disarm me, and I didn't tell her to go perform an anatomically impossible act.

Sounds like a win for both sides. :):

Hogie08

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 13, 2012

As a Shelbyville resident, I approve this message.

turn n shoot

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 15, 2011
    Indianapolis
    I will keep your story under consideration, but for the most part I am looking for people who had the guns on their person. Thank you for the input.

You're welcome. I did not have my pistol on my person. It was in my vehicle when it was pointed out to the Officer. Please feel free to contact me if I may be of any help with your study.

Best Wishes,
    Tom

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Pistolpete68
    Top Bottom