• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • brent george

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 28, 2011
    decatur county
    yeah im looking for another ar 15, this one is a stag arms model 2 a4 ar 15, i do not know anything about stag, i am doing some research on the net, but sometimes its good to just ask other peoples opinions about certain guns, i already have a colt ar but thinking i will prolly just keep that one in the box, so i wanna pick one up to play with, just need some opinions, the price on it was 930 out the door, with an extra clip and 2 boxes of ammo..... please let me know what you think... thanks

LPMan59

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2009
    South of Heaven
    middle of the road manufacturer. the people who own them generally like them. i personally think you can get more for the same money. but i would buy one if the price was right.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    yeah im looking for another ar 15, this one is a stag arms model 2 a4 ar 15, i do not know anything about stag, i am doing some research on the net, but sometimes its good to just ask other peoples opinions about certain guns, i already have a colt ar but thinking i will prolly just keep that one in the box, so i wanna pick one up to play with, just need some opinions, the price on it was 930 out the door, with an extra clip and 2 boxes of ammo..... please let me know what you think... thanks

No reason to keep that Colt in the box... shoot it.

kilo11

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 11, 2009
    Avon,IN
    Stag really does sit somewhere in the middle. The main difference with them and some other companies, is that with Stag, your not going to get anything innovative. There may also be some corner cutting here and there with them, but probably nothing big. All in all, for a fun gun, you can't go wrong with Stag. Mil-Spec dimensions, mostly Mil-Spec assembly. IMHO though, for the same price, you could have a much better rifle if you built your own from BCM.

Anonymous

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 13, 2009
    Noblesville
    I have a Stag Model 2 and I think it's a great shooter. What doesn't make sense is the $930 price tag. Maybe I'm missing something, but mine was around $750 last year.

mkbar80

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 3, 2008
    one more question does that colt 6920 have the goverment use only markings??

It should as it is not indicated as the sporter model. Does that matter? If it's a big deal I'd call up DSG and check. They are pretty well regarded.

Last edited:

mkbar80

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 3, 2008
    If you'd like the same rifle marked "sporter" here you go...
    Colt SP 6920 at G&R Tactical

$990

There is no difference in the rifle except for the roll marks. By the way the "LE ONLY" roll marks on the original 6920's do not have any legal bearing...just Colt marketing.

brent george

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 28, 2011
    decatur county
    the one i bought at the 1500 did have and the guy i bought it off of told me it would be worth more money if i left it in the box because they were gonna quit making them.... so i havent even opened the box.... i was just curious if this one did too, because there is no way i could keep 2 of them in the box.....

mkbar80

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 3, 2008
    I'm not a collector but the LE6920 and the SP6920 are the exact same rifle. I would not keep an LE6920 in the box for collector value, but thats just me. Colt is still making the 6920, just changing the roll mark to indicate current market status. My :twocents: ymmv...

Hope you find something that works out for you...

Top Bottom