• ...and so much more!
  • Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    Good memories coming back!! I saw the one in the theatre in 1983. I remember playing with all the original toys from the 70's too as we had family friends who's kids were slightly older and I got all of them. Still have some of them. I took care of all of my toys so they aren't beat up.
    Cant wait for this movie!!!

Fletch

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 19, 2008
    Oklahoma
    And I suppose not a single one of you has the decency to be playing the X-Wing Miniatures game like every good Star Wars nerd should be doing.

stephen87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    May 26, 2010
    The Seven Seas
    You know, Fletch. My girlfriend and I went to HobbyTown, USA, and were looking at those. She's a Start Wars nerd too, and we talked about getting the starter set to see if it's any good.

Fletch

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 19, 2008
    Oklahoma
    You know, Fletch. My girlfriend and I went to HobbyTown, USA, and were looking at those. She's a Start Wars nerd too, and we talked about getting the starter set to see if it's any good.
    We're getting a league together at my local game shop, if that tells you anything.

The game has two mechanics that I love love love: first, you can custom build your squadron. Second, orders are given simultaneously -- I select all my maneuvers in secret, you do the same, then we reveal and resolve them.

Bonus: one of the strongest builds is 2 Millennium Falcons, one driven by Han/Lando and the other by Chewie. What's not to love?

It's not a bottomless money pit like Magic: the Gathering, but you can invest some dollars in it.

KDUBCR250

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Martinsville
    Big Star Wars fan . Can't wait. When I was a kid I probably had 10 different ships but only have one left. A B-wing fighter. Favorite ? Millennium Falcon of course lol.

Mister K

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2014
    Central IN
    Heck yeah, what great times us '70's kids lived. We had the best of both worlds. The days of pre-home video games where you actually had to "play" outside using your imagination, (anybody else build a Hoth snow fort?). The days of an arcade at the mall and then the Atari 1500! Man I wish I had a time machine.

CathyInBlue

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Heck yeah, what great times us '70's kids lived. We had the best of both worlds. The days of pre-home video games where you actually had to "play" outside using your imagination, (anybody else build a Hoth snow fort?). The days of an arcade at the mall and then the Atari 1500! Man I wish I had a time machine.
    1500? WTH?

The video game consoles were 2600, 5200, and 7800. Followed years later by the Jaguar.
    The home computers were 400, 800, 400XL, 600XL, 800XL, 1200XL, and then the XE series, ST series, TT series, etc.

Mister K

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2014
    Central IN
    Okay, I was simply trying to reminisce about something from my youth, I was wrong on the nomenclature of the Atari console, yes it was a 2600 after doing some google-fu. No, I was not 25 when Star Wars came out. Post #17 states I was born in 1970. Cathy In Blue was apparently born in 1973 and Stephen was born in 1987. Is this my first official INGO "noob" ribbing?

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    So far it looks like I am the youngest person here to have seen A New Hope at its initial release. I don't remember which side of my 4th b-day it was on, but I do remember that I was just starting to talk--a phenomenon treated as a major milestone at the time, especially by the aunt who took me, given that I was her first nephew and the only child of my generation in the family at the time. As you could imagine, after the novelty wore off, the talking eventually came to have mixed reviews! :):

Top Bottom