Starting my 5th brick of ammo with the 22/45...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • PhilB

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 10, 2010
    Randolph Co.
    I like it better all the time. The red dot sight really helps my old eyes. The only problem I've having is my sight base has come loose twice now. Today while shooting I noticed my shots were all hitting left. The sight base was loose again. Can I use a locktite product on the base mount screws? After tightening things up things were back on target again. This seems to be happening about every 1000 rounds. Had to cheat today shooting from a kneeling position resting my hands on the picnic table. My back is bothering me and hurts to hold the pistol out shooting offhand. At least resting my hands tightened the group up a little.:D I'm still shooting at 10yds but I changed from a 6in bullseye to one about half the size so my misses would be easier to see. The Ruger still shoots way better than I can.:laugh:

P9140001.jpg

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    Yes, you can locktite the base screws.

You sure seem to be having an awful lot of fun with that gun :)

FatGeek

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 30, 2010
    Which brand ammo are you using? I'm curious how well the Ruger pistols eat the bottom grade bulk .22 ammo. I was looking at the 1911-22 pistols, but I got to shoot someone else's Ruger Mk2 at the range and did great.

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    Which brand ammo are you using? I'm curious how well the Ruger pistols eat the bottom grade bulk .22 ammo. I was looking at the 1911-22 pistols, but I got to shoot someone else's Ruger Mk2 at the range and did great.

My son's has sucked up Thunderbolts, Federal Red Box, Winchester Wildcats, Blazers, all without complaint.

PhilB

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 10, 2010
    Randolph Co.

So far I've shot 4 bricks of the Remington 550 count that I picked up at Walmart. I'm using the 5th one and then have a brick of Federal and another brick(sorry don't remember the brand) I picked up at Dunhams today.

noday

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 23, 2010
    Those are great shooters....the Mark series is on my list. Is this the shorter barrel?

FatGeek

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 30, 2010
    My son's has sucked up Thunderbolts, Federal Red Box, Winchester Wildcats, Blazers, all without complaint.

Awesome. Thank you.

So far I've shot 4 bricks of the Remington 550 count that I picked up at Walmart. I'm using the 5th one and then have a brick of Federal and another brick(sorry don't remember the brand) I picked up at Dunhams today.

That's what I was hoping to hear. I buy the Remington 550 bricks from Wally world also for my bolt rifle, but they didn't work so well in a friend's 10/22, so I was concerned about how well it would work in a pistol. Thank you.

PhilB

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 10, 2010
    Randolph Co.
    Phil, have you considered the Speed Strip from Majestic Gunsmithing in New York City? The new ones do help that wretched trigger and make cleaning much less frustrating--FYI.

Speed Strip Kit

No, but after field stripping the gun for a thorough cleaning I might.:D I didn't know of the Speed Strip. I'll put it on my Christmas list for Santa.:): Thanks for the tip. I found the Ruger 22/45 to be a pain in the *ss to get back together.

DeadeyeChrista'sdad

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Feb 28, 2009
    winchester/farmland
    Hey Phil, I'd probably go with the pink loctite. Easier to break loose, but just as effective as the blue for holding something like sights in place.
    BTW, Nice to meet you, and always good to have breakfast at Mrs. Wick's!

PhilB

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 10, 2010
    Randolph Co.
    Hey Phil, I'd probably go with the pink loctite. Easier to break loose, but just as effective as the blue for holding something like sights in place.
    BTW, Nice to meet you, and always good to have breakfast at Mrs. Wick's!

Thanks for the info. It was great meeting you also. We'll have to do it again sometime. If I ever get my backstop built, you'll have to come over and help me break it in and maybe we can have some BBQ and home-made ice-cream.:D

chef larry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 27, 2010
    Hobart,In
    Phil, have you considered the Speed Strip from Majestic Gunsmithing in New York City? The new ones do help that wretched trigger and make cleaning much less frustrating--FYI.

Speed Strip Kit

Thanks for posting the information on the speed strip kit. I love my MarkIII , but hate to take it apart to clean and cuss the gun for how it's a pain to reassemble. Just need to save the money for the kit.

Top Bottom