State confirms black bear in St. Joseph Co.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Woobie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2014
    Losantville
    I saw mtn lion tracks in Jennings county about 12 or so years before the DNR would admit we had some. This type of thing doesn't surprise me. There's still enough open ground left in this state that I'll bet we'd be surprised at some of the stuff that's crawling around, like chupacabras and Sasquatch.

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    Pretty cool. Hopefully it will avoid people. And people avoid it! I would say this is proof conservation works!

Indy317

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 27, 2008
    About 5 years ago,a wolf got hit by a car near Richmond.It's ear tag was from Wis.

There was a rumor thread on a predator forum about that wolf that was found in the field. The post claimed that some wildlife agency caught a male and female. They then released them in S. Indiana to see what would happen. When that forum was checked the next day, that thread had been removed. I'm not sure if some state of fed environmental agency actually brought a pair of wolves down or not, however given the worries from farmers, I doubt anyone will admit to do it.

Hkindiana

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 19, 2010
    Southern Hills
    The state could have a lottery and sell 1000 black bear tags. Sure, our LONE confirmed bear would not survive the season, but some lucky hunter would have a great story and a nice rug. The funds raised from the 1000 bear tags could be used to import more bears into the state for next year. Then even more tags could be sold, and the funds used to bring in even more bears, etc.

Top Bottom