• Status
    Not open for further replies.

JBob77

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 7, 2009
    Scott County
    I have an idea, and I don't know how well it would be taken, or if its even feasible. How about a small sized state map, to allow members to see where one another are located in the state. It could be a simple, search type, where you type a town, city or county, and see a star appear on the map. I am aware there are places like mapquest that can do this for me, but how about a simple one integrated into the site somewhere. I am in the very southern portion of the state, and alot of the advertisers and such are from places I have no idea where they are located. This could be a good way for our advertisers to get more for their money, as knowing where these people are might make me more interested in paying them a visit sometime.

Again, its just a suggestion, and I don't know how easily it could be done, but thanks for listening

JBob77

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    It's not a bad idea. I do think that some of our more.... how shall I put this.... "privacy-minded" members might balk at the idea of identifying their location publicly, but as a voluntary thing, it might be do-able.

Thanks for the suggestion!

Blessings,
    Bill

45fan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 20, 2011
    East central IN
    It sounds like an interesting idea. As far as giving away your location publicly, as long as it was voluntary, I dont see that it would be an issue. Maybe a city or county option, for those that dont mind a pretty broad area, instead of narrowing it down to a 20 sq mile area.

JBob77

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 7, 2009
    Scott County
    My thinking is that you could use whatever they had as a location for your search. Like, my location is Scott Co. That's private enough for me, someone else may have South Central Indiana, which is a little more broad. Others have Where the Bacon is. That is Everywhere. Lets say XYZ gun shop had there location set at Lebanon, In. I could go to the map, type in Lebanon, and see a star pop over the general area. I think that would be private enough.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom