• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • LockStocksAndBarrel

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Virginia is pushing back on the section of the National Defense Authorization Act allowing the President to arrest, hold, detain US citizens indefinitely,etc.

State to feds: We won’t cooperate

Glad to see them doing this and I'm going to see if I can push Mitch in the same direction.

ETA: another link http://tenthamendmentcenter.com/201...es-virginia-senate-by-a-veto-proof-39-1-vote/

If you want to take action, here's a web page with templates for legislation. State senators, representatives and the governor should see this, IMO.

http://tenthamendmentcenter.com/legislation/liberty-preservation-act/

Last edited:

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    Good luck with that. Mitch has rarely met a fed law he doesn't want to follow. He jumped right on the REAL ID bandwagon and didn't even put up the least bit of fuss. NDAA? He's probably already signed up and on for it.

J_Wales

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 18, 2011
    Thank you for passing this along.

We are long overdue for the States to begin asserting the powers they reserved unto themselves under the 10th Amendment.

Further, we are long overdue for individual citizens to begin asserting their rights and recall that man created government; not the other way around.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 21, 2011
    I made a similar thread a few months back and the general concensus is .... What do you think the state of VA would do to stop someone from being arrested by the Fed under the NDAA laws? Nothing imo. Also we came to the conclusion if the Fed wanted to get someone in VA, that person would be in Guantanimo Bay before the state even knew said person was missing. But yeah, it looks good on paper

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    Somewhere over the rainbow
    How about BHO declares the New Black Panther Party the first group to be dealt with under the NDAA?

Or in the alternative, how about a state enforce the NDAA by selecting 'terrorist' groups of its own choosing?

I'm voting for the authorities to take on that charactersunite group. I'm sure they're bent on destroying the American way of life.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    I made a similar thread a few months back and the general concensus is .... What do you think the state of VA would do to stop someone from being arrested by the Fed under the NDAA laws? Nothing imo. Also we came to the conclusion if the Fed wanted to get someone in VA, that person would be in Guantanimo Bay before the state even knew said person was missing. But yeah, it looks good on paper

You are probably right. But remember the Elkhart County Sheriff that told the Feds that unless they got a warrant signed by a local judge to leave that farmer alone is his county or he would arrest them for trespass.

Kagnew

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Columbus
    If I wanted to be picky, I would point out that it is not the State of Virginia. It is the Commonwealth of Virginia. But I wouldn't want to be picky. :):

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 14, 2011
    ECI
    Good luck with that. Mitch has rarely met a fed law he doesn't want to follow. He jumped right on the REAL ID bandwagon and didn't even put up the least bit of fuss. NDAA? He's probably already signed up and on for it.

Then he needs to go too! Anybody that would back the NDAA is a terrorist themselves!

Top Bottom