• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • finity

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 29, 2008
    Auburn
    Any arrow that is in the firing position on a bow string is called "nocked" whether drawn or not. The end of the arrow opposite the head (sharp end) is the nock.

henktermaat

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    Is the Knobstone Trail a State park? Technically, I think it isn't... correct me if I'm wrong. I'd love to carry on that trail.

I do heard guns around there- but It may be from local landowners.

Jack Ryan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    Does anyone know what the rules are for carrying a handgun at turkey run state park? I have a LTCH and I thought state parks were pretty much open to carrying. However I ran into this site that would say otherwise.
    Indiana's Turkey Run State Park - Rules
    SEE RULE #2

From the DNR park rules...

Any firearm, BB gun, air gun, CO2 gun, bow and arrow, or spear gun in possession in a state park must be unloaded or un-nocked and stored in a case or locked within a vehicle except when participating in an activity authorized by written permit.

Act like you've got some sense and you'll never have a problem.

Quit looking for a dam rule to explain every possible action you might take for every tiny convoluted instance you can imagine. Just act like you've got some sense, expect every one else to act like they have some sense and watch out for the morons who don't.

Jack Ryan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    Is the Knobstone Trail a State park? Technically, I think it isn't... correct me if I'm wrong. I'd love to carry on that trail.

I do heard guns around there- but It may be from local landowners.

WHY? I just don't get this big thrill with ooooh really cool, "I carried on the Knobstone trail..... oooo woopee" What would be the big thrill of "carrying" on that trail? I've walked on the knobstone trail and it's just about like walking on any other gravel trail. I had a gun and it wasn't much different from having a hammer hanging on your belt. I've walked on it with out a gun and there was any difference other than not having a "hammer" dragging my pants down so I have to pull them up every 20 steps.

Gun owners make this big arguement over and over to the antis that a gun is nothing more than a tool. Then you all completely negate the arguement like a gun is fairly dust or something that makes every thing you do something extra special if you "could only do it with a gun in my pocket, I think I can, I thing I can, if only I could please please please..."

It's ridiculous. Put a 7 pound hog leg on a pistol belt and have some one take your car to the other end so you can't turn around and take that piece iron back to the car a hundred yards down the trail. Then you'll learn the absurdity of it all by the time you are riding again.

henktermaat

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    WHY? I just don't get this big thrill with ooooh really cool, "I carried on the Knobstone trail..... oooo woopee" What would be the big thrill of "carrying" on that trail? I've walked on the knobstone trail and it's just about like walking on any other gravel trail. I had a gun and it wasn't much different from having a hammer hanging on your belt. I've walked on it with out a gun and there was any difference other than not having a "hammer" dragging my pants down so I have to pull them up every 20 steps.

Gun owners make this big arguement over and over to the antis that a gun is nothing more than a tool. Then you all completely negate the arguement like a gun is fairly dust or something that makes every thing you do something extra special if you "could only do it with a gun in my pocket, I think I can, I thing I can, if only I could please please please..."

It's ridiculous. Put a 7 pound hog leg on a pistol belt and have some one take your car to the other end so you can't turn around and take that piece iron back to the car a hundred yards down the trail. Then you'll learn the absurdity of it all by the time you are riding again.

I'll tell you why... personal protection. I'd feel much better carrying. I am just curious if it's legal or not... seems a sensible thing to ask to me.:dunno:

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    I don't make the argument that a gun is nothing more than a tool.

I make the argument that my right to keep and bear that tool shall not be infringed.

I am "extra special" with or without fairly dust.:D

Jack Ryan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    I don't make the argument that a gun is nothing more than a tool.

I make the argument that my right to keep and bear that tool shall not be infringed.

I am "extra special" with or without fairly dust.:D

OK then what is it? It's just steel plastic and what ever. It's not some magic thing that jumps up and kills people. It can be dangerous in the hands of an idiot just like a chain saw. It's nothing more. Nothing less a tool with a specific purpose, to be used carefully.

There's no good reason to restrict or infringe it any more than there is a hammer or golf clubs. In the wrong hands it will reveal them to be a dumbass just about as quick.

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    OK then what is it? It's just steel plastic and what ever. It's not some magic thing that jumps up and kills people. It can be dangerous in the hands of an idiot just like a chain saw. It's nothing more. Nothing less a tool with a specific purpose, to be used carefully.

There's no good reason to restrict or infringe it any more than there is a hammer or golf clubs. In the wrong hands it will reveal them to be a dumbass just about as quick.

The firearm is something more than a tool - it is an outstanding weapon. Much better than most tools but no, not a magical jumping people killer.

I may be missing the arguing point but I don't want it restricted or infringed either.:dunno:
    Then I would have to throw hammers, chainsaws or golf clubs as defense and frankly, they are not great weapons by comparison.

Wagswook

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 1, 2008
    FYI: These rules have changed as of Today!:rockwoot:

NRA-ILA :: New Rules On Right-To-Carry In Our National Parks Take Effect Today

In early December, the U.S. Department of the Interior (DOI), through the National Park Service and U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service, announced the final amended version of a change to rules on carrying firearms in national parks and wildlife refuges. The change will restore the right of law-abiding gun owners to transport and carry concealed firearms for lawful purposes on most DOI lands, according to the laws of the states in which these public lands are located.
    The new rule, which takes effect today, allows Right-to-Carry permit holders to carry concealed firearms in national parks and wildlife refuges in states that recognize their permits. The new rule will also put an end to the patchwork of regulations that governed different lands managed by different federal agencies. In the past, Bureau of Land Management and Forest Service lands allowed the carrying of firearms, while lands managed by DOI did not.
    The change was obviously necessary, given the passage of Right-to-Carry laws in so many states over the past two decades. As expected, of course, anti-gun activists are adamantly opposed to the new rule, and are already seeking to block the right of law-abiding citizens to protect themselves and their families while on DOI lands.
    Not surprisingly, the first to jump on the "banned" wagon was the anti-gun Brady Campaign, in a lawsuit filed against the DOI in federal court, seeking to have the new rule struck down. The National Parks Conservation Association and the Coalition of National Park Service Retirees have also filed a similar suit.
    Brady contends that people have a right to visit parks without fear of permit-holders carrying guns. The contention is ludicrous, of course, since to get to a park requires people to travel through places where permit-holders abound, without posing any threat whatsoever.
    Using the same hyperbolic rhetoric and fear-mongering claims that are the mainstay of their anti-Right-to-Carry crusades, the Brady Campaign alleges that Right-to-Carry equals danger and violence, when countless studies and reams of data have repeatedly and consistently proved otherwise. Remember, the new rule will extend only to law-abiding citizens who have met the strict safety and background check requirements necessary to acquire a carry permit, and who are legally allowed to carry in the state in which the park is located.
    Rest assured that NRA will do everything within its power to keep this important change on the books.

Top Bottom