• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 4sarge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    FREEDONIA
    The weapons seized from the attacker Adam Lanza are as follows, according to the State Police:
    #1. Bushmaster .223 caliber– model XM15-E2S rifle with high capacity 30 round clips

#2. Glock 10mm handgun

#3. Sig-Sauer 9mm hand gun

#4. Izhmash Canta-12 12 gauge Shotgun (seized from car in parking lot)
    UPDATE: State Police Confirm Weapons Used in Newtown Shootings Independent Journal Review

I am aware that you did Not write the above BUT to Edit Your Post, a 30 round magazine is NOT a High Capacity Magazine but a magazine of normal proportion and in use daily legally by millions of law abiding American Gun Owners .
    I also take Issue with Seized from Adam Lanza since the Shotgun was LOCKED in the trunk of the vehicle and he was Deceased.
    When WE as Gun Owners Allow the Media to perpetuate these false reporting of fact, then WE too are part of the Problem :patriot:

Justin Case

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 30, 2012
    Brown County
    I was only trying to provide information from the State Police regarding the weapons used as there had been numerous conflicting reports. I simply copied what was publish and posted it. It was not my intent to perpetuate false information. I promise I will not make this mistake again as this will be my last post on INGO.

Colt556

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Avon
    I was only trying to provide information from the State Police regarding the weapons used as there had been numerous conflicting reports. I simply copied what was publish and posted it. It was not my intent to perpetuate false information. I promise I will not make this mistake again as this will be my last post on INGO.

Don't take it personally and please stick around. A lot of folks on here get carried away but a lot appreciate your posting. :yesway:

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello

Calm down. People are very sensitive about these issues and it spills over a bit. Hang around, don't take it personally.

SmileDocHill

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Westfield

I took their comments as being upset by the way the media reported it, not at you. :yesway: you actually did the service of posting it here to allow the conversation to be had.:ingo:

thatgtrguy

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2012
    I think trying to make the issue vocabulary and definitions is a distraction from the issues that are really at the core of the current debate.

No one in favor of stricter gun control cares what these things are called. They care about capabilities.

I thought the OP was informative.

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011

You can't just end your membership in some random thread like this. You need to start your own thread about how unfair everyone is so we can all chime in and [STRIKE]make fun of you[/STRIKE] express our true feelings [STRIKE]by ridiculing[/STRIKE] and then hold hands then ultimately sing - Kumbaya.

I'm sure it's in the rules somewhere. :rules:
    Think of us and our feelings.

thatgtrguy

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2012
    Any gun forum in the current atmosphere of gun control debates is gonna be a pretty crazy place. You gotta be able to roll with it.

Not to mention. Opinions are like butt holes. Everyone has one and they all stink ;)

Justin Case

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 30, 2012
    Brown County

Darn, I forgot the purple!

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    I think trying to make the issue vocabulary and definitions is a distraction from the issues that are really at the core of the current debate.

Au contraire. It is exactly because the other side has controlled the vocabulary that we are in the current pickle to begin with. Controlling the conversation is priority #1. All else flows from that. You cannot win a battle of ideas without controlling the conversation.

I see the OP is another "can dish it but can't take it" kind of poster.

thatgtrguy

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2012
    Au contraire. It is exactly because the other side has controlled the vocabulary that we are in the current pickle to begin with. Controlling the conversation is priority #1. All else flows from that. You cannot win a battle of ideas without controlling the conversation.

I see the OP is another "can dish it but can't take it" kind of poster.

That's a good point about the battle for ideas. I guess to continue the metaphor. You can win a lot of battles and still lose the war. Winning the war is about crushing the opposition's will to fight. I don't think that happens in the "It's not called a clip, it's called a magazine" battle.

SSGSAD

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    Town of 900 miles
    I am aware that you did Not write the above BUT to Edit Your Post, a 30 round magazine is NOT a High Capacity Magazine but a magazine of normal proportion and in use daily legally by millions of law abiding American Gun Owners .
    I also take Issue with Seized from Adam Lanza since the Shotgun was LOCKED in the trunk of the vehicle and he was Deceased.
    When WE as Gun Owners Allow the Media to perpetuate these false reporting of fact, then WE too are part of the Problem :patriot:
    AMEN, to THIS, I was ISSUED 20 & 30 ROUND magazines, in BOOT CAMP, in 1977, and 30 round Magazines, when I "hit the FLEET" !!!!! In the INARNG, all we had were 20 & 30 "rounders" !!!!! AFAIK, 10 round mags, were NON exist..... even during the "mag ban", !!!!! :twocents:

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 26, 2010

Shoot the messenger much?

Top Bottom