• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • wrigleycub

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 29, 2010
    West side of Indy
    So i'm driving up I-69 in my commercial vehicle just north of 465 in the middle left lane. Sign over head reads "lane ends 1 mile", referring to the high speed passing lane. So I look in the rear view mirror on the right to see if its safe to go ahead and merge over. Well, what do you know a white crown vic, blue hood stripe. Glance down at my speedometer- just a tic under 55. Well, not gonna speed up to allow him to pull me over for speeding. So I turn my turn signal on, here comes 96th st, he won't let me over, here comes 116th he won't let me over. Finally, just passed 116th he lets me over, of course the high speed lane has now ended, placing me directly in the fast lane. So, i get over and he immediately turns his lights on. Effing fabulous! So I pull over, he walks up, gets on my truck, without him asking I hand him my license, physical, and truck papers in a nice neat folder i have for such occasions with all paperwork in nice plastic protective covers. I then remove my hat as I recognize this gentleman, since we sorta run into each other a lot with my other job. He says "well I guess you know why I pulled you over!" Uh-huh, "well i'm not gonna ticket you this time". Gee thanks pal, I only had my turn signal on for 2.5 miles. So anyway, he took off after inspecting my truck, without helping me back onto the highway. Then I make the turn under 37 where 69 heads toward Anderson. 8 ISP officers sitting on the side of the road, with all commercial vehicles pulled over. Unbelievable, probably all guys minding there own business getting trapped. Just dirty, be aware!

Hotdoger

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 9, 2008
    Boone County, In.
    So i'm driving up I-69 in my commercial vehicle just north of 465 in the middle left lane. Sign over head reads "lane ends 1 mile", referring to the high speed passing lane. So I look in the rear view mirror on the right to see if its safe to go ahead and merge over. Well, what do you know a white crown vic, blue hood stripe. Glance down at my speedometer- just a tic under 55. Well, not gonna speed up to allow him to pull me over for speeding. So I turn my turn signal on, here comes 96th st, he won't let me over, here comes 116th he won't let me over. Finally, just passed 116th he lets me over, of course the high speed lane has now ended, placing me directly in the fast lane. So, i get over and he immediately turns his lights on. Effing fabulous! So I pull over, he walks up, gets on my truck, without him asking I hand him my license, physical, and truck papers in a nice neat folder i have for such occasions with all paperwork in nice plastic protective covers. I then remove my hat as I recognize this gentleman, since we sorta run into each other a lot with my other job. He says "well I guess you know why I pulled you over!" Uh-huh, "well i'm not gonna ticket you this time". Gee thanks pal, I only had my turn signal on for 2.5 miles. So anyway, he took off after inspecting my truck, without helping me back onto the highway. Then I make the turn under 37 where 69 heads toward Anderson. 8 ISP officers sitting on the side of the road, with all commercial vehicles pulled over. Unbelievable, probably all guys minding there own business getting trapped. Just dirty, be aware!

They having been doing the "pull you over for no reason because I can" on 69 for several weeks now.

You think they pull over any state or county owned trucks? no chance.

More hypocrisy from ISP.

AZ Hunter

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 20, 2010
    Tucson, AZ
    I've taken part in the speed enforcement runs the ISP does on south bound 69. My buddy is a trooper and I do ride alongs often. They have a perfect bridge the laser cop sits on. The road troops sit just past the bridge and listen for the bridge cop to call out cars and speeds. Anything over 12 you are getting pulled over. Seen people as fast as 100 get pulled over....

Yea...12 MPH grace speed. YOU DESERVE A TICKET!!

Milkshakeed

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 21, 2009
    Indianapolis
    They having been doing the "pull you over for no reason because I can" on 69 for several weeks now.

You think they pull over any state or county owned trucks? no chance.

More hypocrisy from ISP.

A few months?? Try a few decades. They have been doing that up there since I have been driving.

Hotdoger

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 9, 2008
    Boone County, In.
    Yeah I'm sure it happened exactly the way OP said it did.

Sorry frank but for those of us that drive CMVs, we know you can be or have been pulled over for inspections at anytime reguardless if we are breaking a law in the LEOS mind or not.
    I have had plenty of inspections done over my 30 years, with many finding no violations.

National CVSA roadcheck is coming up:

CVSA
    Roadcheck 2011

June 7-9, 2011

1032JBT

LEO and PROUD of it.......even if others aren't
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 24, 2009
    Noblesville
    I have no doubt it happened as the OP said it did.......sry for your trouble OP.

Honestly though I can say I'm just happy the troppers were actually on the interstate working instead of sitting off the bars in my town then yelling for us to come help them with basic equipment they should have already or calling for them to let them in to our PD to use our datamaster when they know full well we are busy enough on our own.

wrigleycub

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 29, 2010
    West side of Indy
    Yeah I'm sure it happened exactly the way OP said it did.

Frank, nothing in my post was really cop bashing, at least in my opinion. So im not real sure why you think I would post something that would be a fictitious lie. What i wrote is exactly what happened. Is intended for the audience that would find this info useful. I will leave it at that so this thread doesnt turn into something it doesnt need to become. Thanks for your two cents though!

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    I've seen ISP do some extremely dangerous stuff on I-65 between Sellersburg and Kentucky. Not just dangerous, but really stupid. I've actually called in on one that rode a guys bumper in the slow lane for a mile and a half, then busted across 2 lanes, without signaling, and proceeded to accelerate to at least 100 mph, and drove off into the distance. I had the pleasure of speaking to a really snippy lady who obviously got up on the wrong side of the bed that day. ISP is nothing more than a collection of cowboys, who, eventually, will wind up killing somebody, or probably already have, but we'll never know about that I'm guessing. I don't doubt the OP for a second, I've seen it first hand, many times.

Kase

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 6, 2010
    Crawfordsville
    Sorry OP for your experience. i would not have been happy either.

But.....I feel like this thread is going to get ugly.

So..........IBTL :D

Fishersjohn48

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Feb 19, 2009
    Fishers
    I for one am glad they are cracking down on CMV's especially tractor/tralier combo's. I will say that there are a high percentage of courteous, safe truck drivers on the road and I respect their job. There are however far too many that think they own the road and create highly hazardous situations. Just this evening on 465 I had a semi that didn't think that the lane markers were there for his use, only as a suggestion.

I don't feel that they should be pulled over without cause, only that the individuals that are creating bad situations be dealt with severely. 4 wheelers don't stand a chance against a semi. I also feel that far too many trucks create rolling roadblocks on purpose just to **** motorists off. I know that some trucks are chipped to have a maximum speed but when they take several miles to pass going 60 in a 70mph zone people's tempers get roiled up a bit.

wrigleycub

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 29, 2010
    West side of Indy
    I for one am glad they are cracking down on CMV's especially tractor/tralier combo's. I will say that there are a high percentage of courteous, safe truck drivers on the road and I respect their job. There are however far too many that think they own the road and create highly hazardous situations. Just this evening on 465 I had a semi that didn't think that the lane markers were there for his use, only as a suggestion.

I don't feel that they should be pulled over without cause, only that the individuals that are creating bad situations be dealt with severely. 4 wheelers don't stand a chance against a semi. I also feel that far too many trucks create rolling roadblocks on purpose just to **** motorists off. I know that some trucks are chipped to have a maximum speed but when they take several miles to pass going 60 in a 70mph zone people's tempers get roiled up a bit.

I'm not going to disagree with you here. However, in my specific instance, I was really minding my own business, trying to be a good little driver. Oh well poo happens.

Top Bottom