• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • model67a

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 7, 2009
    jasper
    This is a list of states that Wisconsin is going to recognize. Notice that Indiana is not on it.

Arizona
    Arkansas

California

Colorado

Connecticut

Georgia

Hawaii

Idaho

Iowa

Kansas

Kentucky

Louisiana

Maryland

Michigan

Minnesota

Montana

Nebraska

New York

North Carolina

North Dakota

Pennsylvania

Tennessee

Texas

Utah

Washington

Wyoming

Puerto Rico

U.S. Virgin Islands

kludge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    I didn't expect it to be on the list. Our background check is not as stringent. That's why LTCH holders still need a NCIS check on handguns, when several other states don't. AFAIK.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    They require training. We don't.

And Pennsylvania does not require training.

As I said in the other thread it has nothing to do with training. What is it with the training and gun nuts?:dunno: When I was doing Texas-Indiana, no one said a word about training. (Lithuanian terrorists yes, but training no).

The Wisconsin statute is based upon the level of background check. This current list was thrown together hastily (throwing darts at map, knowing people in those states, etc.).

When I called yesterday they were still working on the reciprocity list, specificially Florida. Wisconsin DOJ is concerned about background checks which include mental health records.

LockStocksAndBarrel

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    And Pennsylvania does not require training.

As I said in the other thread it has nothing to do with training. What is it with the training and gun nuts?:dunno: When I was doing Texas-Indiana, no one said a word about training. (Lithuanian terrorists yes, but training no).

The Wisconsin statute is based upon the level of background check. This current list was thrown together hastily (throwing darts at map, knowing people in those states, etc.).

When I called yesterday they were still working on the reciprocity list, specificially Florida. Wisconsin DOJ is concerned about background checks which include mental health records.

Thanks for that info, Kirk. I'm not advocating training as an infringement to our rights. I was under the concept that we weren't "granted' reciprocity with them because we don't require it as a "condition" for our God given right here in Indiana.

Appreciating the insight.

Thanks.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Locks, sure, I understand. The lack of training thing is like a fill in or default argument in the gun culture.

IME in doing reciprocity agreements it did not even come up. However, Lithuanian terrrorists did.:dunno::D

esigler

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 15, 2008
    Rio Rancho, NM
    What about New Mexico? This place has the "training, safety bs like Texas. Plus they dont honor Utah anymore. So i will open carry everywhere its legal!

CarmelHP

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Carmel
    As a long term holder of a Pennsylvania, I can tell you that not only do they not require training, they don't require prints as Indiana does. I find it hard to believe the background check is more stringent, either, though I don't know. Until this year you get a PA license entirely by mail.

Top Bottom