• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • HistoryGuy

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 17, 2013
    Churubusco
    I'm looking for some good steak marinade recipes for grilling. Need to impress my fiancée. lol. So if you have anything you use that you are willing to share, please post them.

Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo
    Depends on the cut.

Skirt steak? Flat iron? Chimichurri is great.

Ribeye, new York strip, porterhouse? Salt, pepper, garlic, coriander.

lizerdking

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 7, 2012
    Almost on lake Mich
    Olive oil

Garlic powder

Worchester

Soy

Salt

Salt = flavor in a steak. Don't be shy.

It should be room temperature when placing it on the grill, and Make sure to let it rest before cutting

mike45

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 25, 2012
    east central
    Get a better steak if it needs marinade. Simple seasoning should complement a good steak. It is best to let the steak come to room temp, season with salt, pepper and garlic. Grill on a screaming hot grate.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    I sprinkle mine with granulated garlic and alaea salt on both sides and pat it into the surface about an hour before they go on the grill. Just before they go on I throw a handful of pecan wood chips on the coals and cook medium rare. Works excellent for pork chops as well.

Mark-DuCo

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2012
    Ferdinand
    Get a better steak if it needs marinade. Simple seasoning should complement a good steak. It is best to let the steak come to room temp, season with salt, pepper and garlic. Grill on a screaming hot grate.

This is exactly what I do, I want my steak to taste like steak not like a marinade.

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    All I use on my steaks is light Japanese soy sauce, (Yamasa, specifically). It has some rice wine in it, too. Soak them in that in a ziplock bag for a few hours and they're good to go. Hit them with some kosher salt and fresh ground black pepper before they hit the grill. I usually also toss on a handful of mesquite chips to add a few minutes of smoke to them. That's all they need and they taste better than a steakhouse.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Lately I've been buying flat iron steak on sale. This great do all seems to compliment it just fine. I sprinkle a bit of dried ghost pepper flakes in for additional flavor and kick.

IMG_0841.JPG

MrHank

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jul 3, 2008
    Westfield, IN

I agree, unless I make a London Broil.

Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo
    I sprinkle mine with granulated garlic and alaea salt on both sides and pat it into the surface about an hour before they go on the grill. Just before they go on I throw a handful of pecan wood chips on the coals and cook medium rare. Works excellent for pork chops as well.

I use mesquite.

Silverslider

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 20, 2013
    worcestershire

season salt

garlic powder

pepper

this is exactly what i use unless i am out of worsteshire then substitute A1 but this is for lower quality meats. for my premium cuts i only use salt and pepper and let the meats natural flavor be its wn marinade. a little salt, a little pepper, and blood

Top Bottom