• G7.

SteelShooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    WYOMING; SOMEDAY...
    Ya'all are welcome !!!

Scores are posted :: Atlanta Conservation Club: SCSA Scores

Great shooting chizzle ! Awesome Limited score...
    Also CONGRATs to Mark S. - - who won everything he entered (BUG, Rev, & 22PI).

Had the forecast called for the weather we actually got, I likely would have bagged the match. Now that it's over, I am glad we did it... I think. Note to self, though, Ruger Mk II needs CCI MiniMags in cold weather. (TME, AISTI)

Thanks again to Dale S.; set-up and tear-down guys; and all the RO's !!!

December, weather permitting (!!!), will be the 17th.

Last edited:

crispy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 29, 2010
    Noblesville
    Woo Hoo!

I just want to point out that the Jimenez JA-22

JA22_sm.jpg

came in mid-pack in the BUG division!

Way to go Jammin' Jimmy!

Also, I have to say, that my second place in BUG was all Sig P238. That is the softest shooting .380 going. I'd love to know what Mark won with?

Thanks again G7 for having the match despite the weather. I hope we can continue in Dec.-Jan.-Feb. Maybe we'll get lucky with the weather.

G7.

SteelShooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    WYOMING; SOMEDAY...
    I think Mark used a Beretta BobCat (TomCat ? BillTheCat ??) in .22LR. It may have been the Taurus copy, but I doubt it. .22LR, for sure.

Next time, I will have shooters jot down make, model, and cal. of the gun they use for the BUG stage. While I don't want to go out and buy a new BUG to win a match, the corollary thought process of, "Someday I may need to put 4 hits on 2 targets as fast as possible. Which pocket-gun can best do that?" is answered by match performance.
    When our guns and ammo are both working, Mark and I are about tied for who wins on any particular day. My KelTec was decidedly slow (long first trigger pull?)

Last edited:

Rob377

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Dec 30, 2008
    DT
    I think Mark used a Beretta BobCat (TomCat ? BillTheCat ??) in .22LR. It may have been the Taurus copy, but I doubt it. .22LR, for sure.

Next time, I will have shooters jot down make, model, and cal. of the gun they use for the BUG stage. While I don't want to go out and buy a new BUG to win a match, the corollary thought process of, "Someday I may need to put 4 hits on 2 targets as fast as possible. Which pocket-gun can best do that?" is answered by match performance.
    When our guns and ammo are both working, Mark and I are about tied for who wins on any particular day. My KelTec was decidedly slow (long first trigger pull?)

Crispy's Sig 238 was pretty good. I had shot a mag through it once, months ago, that's it. He let me run it for the BUG and it did pretty darn well for a mediocre shooter like myself. Very easy to shoot.

I'm surprised you were able to make heads or tails of some of those scores sheets. When I finally pussed out, I couldn't even write on the page without it tearing a bit. Stupid rain. Thanks for all the work you put in on that, I can imagine the time and effort involved in reading soaked score sheets. You da Man. :bow:

This match was also an eye opener. After shooting Super Buck Mark, I think I want an open gun for USPSA! That 2.97 run on the plate rack might as well have been a hit of crack - addictive!

chizzle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Dec 8, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Crispy's Sig 238 was pretty good. I had shot a mag through it once, months ago, that's it. He let me run it for the BUG and it did pretty darn well for a mediocre shooter like myself. Very easy to shoot.

I'm surprised you were able to make heads or tails of some of those scores sheets. When I finally pussed out, I couldn't even write on the page without it tearing a bit. Stupid rain. Thanks for all the work you put in on that, I can imagine the time and effort involved in reading soaked score sheets. You da Man. :bow:

This match was also an eye opener. After shooting Super Buck Mark, I think I want an open gun for USPSA! That 2.97 run on the plate rack might as well have been a hit of crack - addictive!

I think your skill set combined with quick feet would be a great combination in Open (especially USPSA).

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D72ZC4kOapg&feature=player_embedded[/ame]

Last edited:

Rob377

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Dec 30, 2008
    DT
    If he's got any old KTM motorcycles laying around, I might be able to help offset the cost a little....

I'd love to see him show up at the next steel match with either one of these:

Czech Mate 9mm Open Pistol

CZ 75 Shadow Long Slide 9mm Black

I bet there will be some CZ open guns for sale on BrianEnos over the winter too; a WTB ad might find him a deal...

No motos anymore :(

One day, when I get a real job, a Czechmate is definitely on my list.

Saturday, I got a chance to play with a old school Huening built Tanfoglio open gun. WOW. That made things that much worse.

I think I need some more trigger speed work to get as fast as the guy in that video above!! :laugh:

Top Bottom