• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bjenkins

Master
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Jul 4, 2014
    jeffersonville
    Okay so I read a lot of reviews and thought the Steyr M9-A1 sounded like a fun gun to shoot and own so I ordered one in OD Green frame. Just wondered if there were any owners on INGO and your thoughts?psyko

redwingshooter

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Mar 24, 2011
    Greenwood
    I used to have an L9-A1, the full size version. It was a dream to shoot, the trigger was very nice and I honestly liked the triangle sites. I had some extraction issues though and I sold it. I believe Allen was able to fix them eventually. I am not sure if Steyr has addressed the extraction issues or not since I've been out of the game for awhile. Ergonomically I loved that pistol, it just pointed well for me and was very comfortable in my hand. I found that my shooting times were reduced using the L9-A1 when I was at FNS but the extraction issues just killed it for me. However I know there are a lot of happy Steyr owners out there who have not had any issues. Just wanted to share my experience. If you don't have any jamming issues then you will enjoy that pistol quite a lot!

bjenkins

Master
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Jul 4, 2014
    jeffersonville
    I used to have an L9-A1, the full size version. It was a dream to shoot, the trigger was very nice and I honestly liked the triangle sites. I had some extraction issues though and I sold it. I believe Allen was able to fix them eventually. I am not sure if Steyr has addressed the extraction issues or not since I've been out of the game for awhile. Ergonomically I loved that pistol, it just pointed well for me and was very comfortable in my hand. I found that my shooting times were reduced using the L9-A1 when I was at FNS but the extraction issues just killed it for me. However I know there are a lot of happy Steyr owners out there who have not had any issues. Just wanted to share my experience. If you don't have any jamming issues then you will enjoy that pistol quite a lot!
    Supposedly the extraction issues have been solved, or at least that is what reviews have said.

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    I've owned two different M9-A1 pistols in the past. Excellent pistols.

On the 2nd one I owned, I got an updated extractor from Steyr USA along with a few more mags. May have also included updated mag followers for the older mags I had but I can't remember.

Top notch ergonomics, very very robust pistols.

gglass

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    ELKHART
    The extraction issues of the earlier gen pistols have been solved. If I didn't already have PPQs and M&P's coming out of my ears, I would pick up a M9-A1 in a heartbeat.

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    I have always wanted one, but lack of accessories kept me from making the purchase.

I was able to buy a Raven Concealment Phantom OWB holster for one of mine. I'd intended to make it a carry gun - but I never did due to the lack of aftermarket support / availability of spare parts/pieces.

sensor5

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2012
    I thought about buying one, but I can't stomach the stupid, ugly, and very visible child lock.

Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy
    I thought about buying one, but I can't stomach the stupid, ugly, and very visible child lock.

Just consider it a take down button with two dimples. Cause it is. :):

I still have two; M40 & an M9-A1. I've played around a lot with both pistols. I have the earlier non-roll pin versions so got replacement extractors for both. Both have the Big Taco delrin striker guide mod. Both have been working fine until I started playing with lighter Big Taco striker springs to try to lighten the trigger pull. My M40 still works great but the M9-A1 doesn't like the spring change and occationally won't reset the trigger and doesn't like ammo with hard primers. One of these days I'll reinstall the factory spring in that gun.

STFU

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Sep 30, 2015
    Hamilton County
    Okay so I read a lot of reviews and thought the Steyr M9-A1 sounded like a fun gun to shoot and own so I ordered one in OD Green frame. Just wondered if there were any owners on INGO and your thoughts?psyko

I have the C9-A1 (shorter barrel with full size grip). Shoots very smooth. Like others have said, there are few accessories and virtually nil aftermarket part available. I have the newer version with the roll pin. Never had a single FTF or FTE issue. Just a reliable shooter.

I like the feel better than any glock I have every held, but that is a matter of personal taste. "To each his own."
    Hope you enjoy it!

Top Bottom