• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • RAMBOCAT

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 21, 2011
    I have two quality GALCO holsters for my new GLOCK 21. Fit and finish are great. The problem is that although neither is lined, the inside is a rough suede. The suede is so rough, the gun is hard to pull from the holster. My question is: will any product slick up the leather without making the complete holster turn softer than a paper towel and loose it's molded form? Any feedback will be much appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    A trick I used back in the day to make my P91 fit in a P89 holster (it is ever so slightly bigger, and nobody was making holsters for them yet)

Loosen the tension screw if it has one.
    Take your gun. wrap it in one layer of plastic wrap to protect the finish. (unloaded... duh)
    wrap electrical tape around it. Not too many layers, just enough to make the gun ever so slightly bigger. (you can always add more layers, you cant un-stretch it)
    Forcibly insert the gun into the holster. Leave it there for several days.
    remove the tape/bag. Check fit. If its still too tight, do it again with more wraps.

For me it worked great. I took a holster that didnt quite fit and made it fit perfectly. Just dont go overboard with the tape, ESPECIALLY if there is no retention strap. at least with a thumb break if you go too far you dont have to worry about it falling out.

Nam1911

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 8, 2015
    Evansville
    I'd say try leaving the gun alone in the holster or just working it in and out a couple hundred times while sitting and Watching tv. If that doesn't work then add the plastic wrap

possum_128

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Martinsville area
    If you place your gun in a zip-lock bag and as stated above, push in and remove while sitting around watching tv (unloaded) and then leave the gun in bag in the holster overnight it should work well.

Top Bottom