• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • avboiler11

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 12, 2011
    New Albany
    I have had relatively no issue finding 22LR over the last couple years; my stockpile has gone up to about 6k rounds. I have had to pay a little more than I would prefer (0.10/rd for CCI SV, Mini-Mag, AR Tactical) and often paid shipping from mail-order companies, but especially in the last 6 months or so Federal Automatch, Rem Golden Bullets & Thunderbolts, and to somewhat lesser degree Federal Match & Champion bulk have been quite available.

I don't shoot cheap bulk WallyMart 22 - Winchester and Fed Bulk is unreliable and inaccurate - so I can't speak to it.

If anybody wants/needs some Rem Golden or Federal Match here in Clark Co, I'll sell some of my supply at cost as I'm going to rationalize toward all CCI.

dvd1955

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 10, 2013
    Howard County
    We will be back to norm when Walmart has sales w/o limits on Federal bulk pack bricks at less than $20 bucks. Back out on the end caps and isles for grabbing yourself vs behind a counter where you have to track down someone with a key.

This is the main reason I hate buying in the Kokomo Walmart. They keep everything but shotgun shells and pellets/bbs behind the counter, and the labels are too small to see what they have. Trying to get someone to even come to the gun counter is nearly impossible. A while back, I found a clerk at the electronics counter and he said he would send someone over. Ten minutes later after no one showed up, I went back to the electronics counter and someone else was there. He said he would send someone back as soon as they were off their break. I asked how long that would be and he said their break just started, so ten to fifteen minutes. I left the store, but should have talked to a manager.

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.6%
    28   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    I must he going to the wrong stores. The Wal Mart in New Castle and Noblesville never have bulk packs when I go in. Just the 50 or 100 rd boxes that are too expensive for my liking. The local rural king is the same. 50 rd boxes for 5 each, just can't being myself to pay 50 for 500

Better ammo will run $80 or better a brick. Has for a couple of years now. SK subsonic hp are prolly my favorites.

level0

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 13, 2013
    Indianapolis
    The Walmart on US 31 South seems to never have 22LR in stock, much less a unicorn like short HP. Trying to get some shorts for my dad for Christmas, but so far a big bust.

venenoindy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Jul 14, 2009
    Noblesville
    Buying ammo at Walmart is a thing of the past for me, I been able to buy ammo on the interwebs for less even including shipping. I had a decent supply of .22LR because of the election results back in 08 but like other's I use some and it was time to replenish. I been finding Federal bulk in the last month or so and purchase about 5000 rds with free shipping.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    We will be back to norm when Walmart has sales w/o limits on Federal bulk pack bricks at less than $20 bucks. Back out on the end caps and isles for grabbing yourself vs behind a counter where you have to track down someone with a key.

That'll never happen, but that has nothing to do with shortages and everything with theft. Something relatively expensive that you can shove in a pocket will stay behind the counter. Plus they are scary boxes of death, so they are extra sensitive to them not only being stolen from a loss standpoint, but as to who that criminal would kill with them and then get them sued for failing to secure them. :rolleyes:

IndyTom

Expert
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Oct 3, 2013
    Fishers
    My son plays a travel sport and I like to check out the Wallyworlds when we're out and about. I've seen places with stocked cabinets of .22 when we had none (but I'd already ordered some online recently, so didn't need any at the time) and I've seen, in-state (East of Indy along I-70, IIRC), stores that only had their pistol ammo behind glass. All of the 5.56, 30-06, 7.62x39 and what not were sitting out on a shelf for self-service.

But, yes, lots of 100 and 50 round boxes of LR and short around the area recently. Bulk packs through Cabela's with no shipping, other online ordering of Aguila to give it a try...

USMC-Johnson

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 27, 2013
    Fort Wayne
    Here is just a small glimpse into whats easy to take a picture of here in the Fort Wayne store.

122lrf7.jpg

11lrdk2.jpg

25s4lyv.jpg

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Here is just a small glimpse into whats easy to take a picture of here in the Fort Wayne store.

122lrf7.jpg

11lrdk2.jpg

25s4lyv.jpg

And that is more than all 22 stock at Urban Walmarts in central IN combined. Ive heard rumors that small town walmarts continue to occasionally get 22, but there isnt even a blank space on the shelf at most.

Bobby

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 14, 2008
    Muncie/New Castle
    As of a month ago, both Walmarts in Muncie had completely bare shelves when it came to .22lr. If that is a picture of a Ft. Wayne Walmart(you never stated what store this was), I need to have a talk with the managers of the sporting goods department in my area. That is crazy!!! It is nice to see, though. :)

122lrf7.jpg

11lrdk2.jpg

25s4lyv.jpg

Butch627

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 3, 2012
    NWI
    I am anti walmart and only go there when I have no other choice and have to. I used to get 22 at Meijer with no problem every time i shopped. After Sandy Hook they were out of everything for a very long time but have slowly been stocking the shelves with pistol ammo but still no sign of 22 at the 4 Meijers i have shopped at.

223 Gunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    201   0   0
    Jan 7, 2009
    Red Sector A
    I think the Neckbeards realized it just wasn't worth the time to flip it. I have seen a ton recently at Point Blank in Greenwood.
    I suspect we will start seeing more and more, and I also think given some more time we may even see the price come down a little, if we let it sit on shelves long enough.

BiscuitsandGravy

Future 'shootered'
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 8, 2016
    At the Ranch.
    Neckbeards can spread all their precious .22lr on their milk toast.

Lafayette Wally had 40g Win SuperX 100rnds for $9.xx back in Oct. Picked up the same today at a local Wally for $6.97/100.

The local Wally is usually out 100% but they had more.

Top Bottom