Stir the pot... Your preferred subcompact 9mm.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 57schwada

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 15, 2019
    Hanover
    OH.... a more conventional one would be the Sig 938. I also have one of those and it has never failed. I do like the safeties on it. Unlike a 1911, did you know that you could rack the slide with the safety on?

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    Rami and 26

I've had them both, then the Sig 365.
    The Shield and Glock 43 were before them, with the Kahr 9094 & a PM9 after them.
    I've had the Bersa TPR9c (13 +1 rds), more like the Rami & 26 (& Hellcat, from what I've read), for awhile now.
    I have a Shield 2.0 & Sig 938 & a Ruger SR9c also, which I preferred them to the Kahrs.
    But, they all have their place.

Ajax117

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 2, 2019
    Indianapolis
    SW M&P Shield, and they have alot of promos going right now, been carrying for a few years now, iwb kydex holster, with Hyve extended mag, love it.

I was hitting body size steel from 55 yrds away with it as well.....really impressed me.

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    SW M&P Shield, and they have alot of promos going right now, been carrying for a few years now, iwb kydex holster, with Hyve extended mag, love it.

I was hitting body size steel from 55 yrds away with it as well.....really impressed me.

WOW! I'm not even sure I could see 165' away, maybe an outline.

ccha8778

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 23, 2019
    The Region
    I've had a Ruger LC9S for a few years and I've enjoyed it. I often carry it in my front pocket with a De Santis hoster. I recommend buying a 9 rd backup mag with mag holster. Gun shoots well, trigger is much better than the original LC9.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    WOW! I'm not even sure I could see 165' away, maybe an outline.

Doddg, I have always thought it curious that you speak in terms of feet when the firearms shooting segment primarily speaks in yards. I thought maybe is was just easier or something.

But I see you actually converted Ajax's yardage comment to feet. What's up with that?:) What's your reasoning for using feet? Curious minds want to know.

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    I've had a Ruger LC9S for a few years and I've enjoyed it. I often carry it in my front pocket with a De Santis hoster. I recommend buying a 9 rd backup mag with mag holster. Gun shoots well, trigger is much better than the original LC9.

Did the same with mine, even with same holster (had Superfly version with extra flap to cover profile better), & had the 9 rd. mag as well, but I sold it b/c of others I had.

Doddg, I have always thought it curious that you speak in terms of feet when the firearms shooting segment primarily speaks in yards. I thought maybe is was just easier or something.
    But I see you actually converted Ajax's yardage comment to feet. What's up with that?:) What's your reasoning for using feet? Curious minds want to know.

Only b/c my range uses feet: 12', 20', 30', 40' & 50', so that is what I'm used to using.
    I'd have to refer to 4 yrds. (12'); 6.6 yds. (20'); 10 yds. (30'); 13.3 yds. (40'); & 16.6 yds. (50') when I talk of my target placement.

zachcz

CZ is just better.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Jul 2, 2019
    Shelbyville
    what range do you go to usually? I’m always looking for other places to go besides point blank

Did the same with mine, even with same holster (had Superfly version with extra flap to cover profile better), & had the 9 rd. mag as well, but I sold it b/c of others I had.

Only b/c my range uses feet: 12', 20', 30', 40' & 50', so that is what I'm used to using.
    I'd have to refer to 4 yrds. (12'); 6.6 yds. (20'); 10 yds. (30'); 13.3 yds. (40'); & 16.6 yds. (50') when I talk of my target placement.

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    what range do you go to usually? I’m always looking for other places to go besides point blank

I go to Point Bland with some free passes and I've been a member before and might do it again since they have the $20/mo. M-F ticket.
    I have been a member up in Carmel, then when I moved, in Greenfield.
    I found a place w/in 9 minutes of where I lived: Indy Gun Bunker, and joined it b/c it was only $13.50/month.
    They have just moved (close to Franklin & E Washington instead of Post/Washington.and are suppoesed to have a 45+yard range in the new place.

zachcz

CZ is just better.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Jul 2, 2019
    Shelbyville
    I’m a member at PB. I’ve shot some at the gun bunker. It may be a tad closer than point blank for me. May have to give their membership a shot

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    I’m a member at PB. I’ve shot some at the gun bunker. It may be a tad closer than point blank for me. May have to give their membership a shot

Yes, trying to get to the Greenwood P.B. after work was a chore with expressways thick with after work traffic, which is why I just went up Post Road to Indy Gun Bunker, that, and I was paying $35/mo.
    I did have free gun rental at that price which was nice since I shot through nearly every gun in their rental cases. :ar15:
    I also get free gun rental where I'm a member now, but they don't have much.
    I'd wait until they get the new range at the new location done: don't know how long that will be.
    The old range is closed on Monday & Tuesday (used to be open 7 days/week), and hours are 10-6.
    I don't care about the hours, but I do care about being closed M & T b/c I have to pay a small fee to go on weekends, and I tried to avoid that since I can go M-F (in the past).

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    OH.... a more conventional one would be the Sig 938. I also have one of those and it has never failed. I do like the safeties on it. Unlike a 1911, did you know that you could rack the slide with the safety on?

Just picked this up recently:
    7ERASG5.jpg

UMonGF4.jpg

chef1231

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Apr 23, 2014
    NWI
    I just laid the Hellcat over the Shield today and my LGS and they were too close to tell any difference but I also had the 13 round mag in the hellcat. Sights were super cool too. Mines on order so just waiting but then my answer to the OP question will be the Hellcat

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    Shot a member's Shield 9mm with a ported barrel yesterday at Point Blank in Greenwood, and I can see why it would be a good carry.
    Very accurate (shooting 20', but I'll spare you the range pic) and I thought a tad less recoil.

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    Congrats on that pickup. I have a couple of those and really prefer the platform to the other poly striker guns similar in size. Those are great little guns that shoot with the feel of something larger.

I agree, it does feel good in the hand for such a small gun and I'm pleased on how it shoots for such a small gun, it reminds me of the Sig 365.
    I do love the metal with a hammer (and a safety) in that size.
    I like it so much I've actually carried it more than the Kimber revolver lately, although I did indulge and carried both when I had to travel some this week.

Top Bottom