• Status
    Not open for further replies.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    If you have a long term horizon (2-5 years), I would buy some airline, cruise and hotel stocks. I traded some during the volatility, but don't have any now. I am a long term guy but I am investing in green energy, solar, offshore tide, wind etc.

Is the travel/tourism market going to rebound hard or soft?

Will there come a point where suddenly everyone wants to roam around the world, or will it start with just some adventurous, and the timid will remain at home for a few months/years?

(Asking about investing and person travel)

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota
    Is the travel/tourism market going to rebound hard or soft?

Will there come a point where suddenly everyone wants to roam around the world, or will it start with just some adventurous, and the timid will remain at home for a few months/years?

(Asking about investing and person travel)

I think that depends on the viability of a vaccine(s). If a good one, or more, becomes widely available and accepted by the masses I suspect some cruises will have 'vaccinated only' cruises that will be popular and successful - maybe airlines too, although that would be more difficult.
    People will definitely want to travel and as soon as they feel it is safe it will take off. Of course ultimately it has to prove to actually be safe to continue that rebound.
    Personally I think it will happen within a year but I am basing that on absolutely zero real knowledge about anything.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    bought some CCL Dec 4 16 puts today. up 32% so far.

my SPY puts did not go well so far down 74% but the contract is up 138% today :rofl:

Last edited:

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    almost sold my CCL put yesterday afternoon. wish I did. sold this morning too late and bought back in $0.30 cheaper though.

made some quick money on a pton put with today's strike date. made me nervous holding it though!

jumped in and out of pton again. my repurchase of CCL put up 15% again.

so much risk. buying options on strike day is nerve wracking

Last edited:

CHCRandy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 16, 2013
    Hendricks County
    So what kind of % return you guys got going this year? It has been a tough year for me. I was up over 200% last year...in February I had already added 30%+ in gains, then March I got caught in a terrible trade with NRZ, lost all that 30% and 30% of last years gains. By mid May I was back to even on the year, October I was up 20% for the year and this week I added 10%....so I am now back to +30% for the year, terrible really, but better than losing. I have now changed my trading habits. I learned to take small losses rather than always holding for a gain. I am now using trail stops on everything...not stop losses, but trail stops. Really would love to get to 50% gain this year, not sure I can make 20% in 5 weeks though, considering it took me all year to get 30. I have been trying to not hold stocks overnight. I have been buying some options far out of the money and a ways out. June MCD calls, PFE Christmas Eve calls, NRZ January calls. I think NRZ is gonna take off once they spin off NewRez IPO.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    NRZ is recovering well. I think I'm around 35% annual in my 401k with mutual funds. not sure with my play money. got smoked on some options with cruise lines and such.

I did make $250 in 20 mins Friday on pton options. trading on strike day makes a man nervous

lost much more than that on SPY calls last week

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    if you want to invest in MeWe send an email to invest@mewe.com and CEO will reply.

min investment 100k. I am trying to get a group together to invest at the 200k level and own physical shares. valuation of $89M based on share price of $0.558

FB IPO value was $100 Billion. they had 865 million active users at that time with revenues of $4 Billion . MeWe currently has 12 million. double that twice in 2 years and they have 50 million users with likely $2-3/user revenue.

if in 2 years they are worth 1/20th of what Fb was at IPO, they are a $5 Billion company.

I think there are about 160M shares of MeWe. that's $31/share . current round of funding is $0.558/share.

even if 25% of FB value is 1600% gain

Last edited:

maxwelhse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2018
    Michiana
    if you want to invest in MeWe send an email to invest@mewe.com and CEO will reply.

min investment 100k. I am trying to get a group together to invest at the 200k level and own physical shares. valuation of $89M based on share price of $0.558

I would be willing to invest at about 1/200th your total goal. Not sure if a fish that small is worth the frying...

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota

FB IPO value was $100 Billion. they had 865 million active users at that time with revenues of $4 Billion . MeWe currently has 12 million. double that twice in 2 years and they have 50 million users with likely $2-3/user revenue.

if in 2 years they are worth 1/20th of what Fb was at IPO, they are a $5 Billion company.

I think there are about 160M shares of MeWe. that's $31/share . current round of funding is $0.558/share.

even if 25% of FB value is 1600% gain

I would go $5K but I would need more solid information on financials - actual number of shares, future funding rounds planned, share dilution, income.

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana
    I do hope everyone is aware(especially under 59.5 years old) that until December 31,2020 you can make penalty free withdraws from your 401k.

If you do I would pay the taxes on my 2020 taxes(cares act gives you 3 years) because taxes are likely to go up.

Better to take a little out of a 401k than pay interest on debt. Also of note those who would get the largest benefit are those with 401k loans that when paid off will not only reduce your interest burden,but will allow increased contributions back into your 401k.

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota
    the MeWe window has closed. I had people for about 40k so way short. would have been a fun ride

Since they are not publicly traded, how do you get information on their financials and funding drives? Is that by emailing him directly?

They don't have a very agressive income strategy, probably not even close to profitable yet, which would imply future funding drives.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom