• ...and so much more!
  • mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg
    After a lot of back and forth; purchased a Stoeger M3500 12 ga (26" camo) for a general purpose turkey and waterfowl gun. I am partial to Browning but wanted something that had a little lower price tag for field use.

Though I was leery of the "low" price ($650 OTD) of the Stoeger and country of origin (Turkey), I have to say it was a good buy. The gun points and swings great; patterns well; comes with a full set of choke tubes (including a turkey choke) and handles everything from 3 1/2 down to a light target load 2 3/4 (well after about 100 rounds of 3" magnums it would cycle 2 2/4 - 1 1/8 ounce loads...). Recoil is well managed and the build quality is more than expected for its price.

All in all; quite impressed relative to its price tag.

Now to decide if my aging eyes want a red dot for turkey....

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Stoeger makes a good gun.

I love my Condor O/U. Its an awesome little gun for occasional trap. Its as plain as a farmer's daughter with no embellishments/scrollwork and no fancy finish on the furniture, but its reliable and fun.

I actually went into the store to buy a 3500, but all they had was camo. I saw the price tag of the Condor and just couldnt pass it up.

bigbaloo95

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 31, 2014
    wolcottville
    I wish rural king still carried these I would pick one up if they did. I work there a couple days a week so I get a (slight) discount. May just say forget the 3 1/2 in shells and buy a beretta a300 like I bought my son. It is a very slick little shotgun and priced right from my local shop too.

thunderchicken

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Indianapolis
    I have a Stoeger upland supreme side by side and it shoots very well. My brother liked it enough to get one and he picked up a condor at the same time. I have been considering one of thier inertia driven semi autos. As I understoof it a few years ago they are imported through Benelli and have been told their semi autos are licensed to use Benelli's inertia driven semi auto design. Don't know how factual that is but that is what I was advised by a sales rep

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg
    Stoeger is owned by Benelli and its the same inertia system - or at least generally the same. I think the market offers many quality modestly priced semi-auto shotguns. I was impressed with the Weatherby line also; just didn't like the valve system though I they now have a inertia driven gun out. The weatherby's are not drilled and tapped for optics either.

bigbaloo95 - I don't find myself particularly recoil sensitive BUT 3 1/2 turkey loads are worse then my 300 WBY magnum...I wouldn't miss them! LOL!

gska3873

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 13, 2009
    Northeast Indiana
    I really like my m3500 as well. I picked it up last fall specifically for Goose but have found myself favoring it over my over/under for pheasant and doves as well. These are a great value for the money. Taking it out for doves this evening.

451_Detonics

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2010
    North Central Indiana
    love my Stoeger Uplander 20/28 ga set...

stoeger1.jpg

Bfish

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    A hunting buddy of mine has one and it runs super well. Even in harsh weather when it's all wet icy etc. Looking at it, it is the same as the benelli really. Seems like a good gun for the money

bgcatty

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Sep 9, 2011
    Carmel
    After a lot of back and forth; purchased a Stoeger M3500 12 ga (26" camo) for a general purpose turkey and waterfowl gun. I am partial to Browning but wanted something that had a little lower price tag for field use.

Though I was leery of the "low" price ($650 OTD) of the Stoeger and country of origin (Turkey), I have to say it was a good buy. The gun points and swings great; patterns well; comes with a full set of choke tubes (including a turkey choke) and handles everything from 3 1/2 down to a light target load 2 3/4 (well after about 100 rounds of 3" magnums it would cycle 2 2/4 - 1 1/8 ounce loads...). Recoil is well managed and the build quality is more than expected for its price.

All in all; quite impressed relative to its price tag.

Now to decide if my aging eyes want a red dot for turkey....

You should check out the reviews of the Stoeger semi-auto shotguns in the October 2016 issue of Guns & Ammo. They were tested while on a dove hunt in Argentina. The writers were very impressed with all 3 Stoeger shotguns. Guess I will have to check these shotguns out.

smythe012

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 99.3%
    147   1   0
    Nov 9, 2011
    Northwest Indiana
    The first firearm I ever purchased was a Stoeger 2000. I bought it from Galyans when they were going out of business and it is one of the very few that I have never sold. It's still my favorite for skeet and trap. I absolutely love it and have had zero issues after thousand of rounds.

Top Bottom