• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Smitty506th

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    I live in Brownsburg... I cut the grass yesterday and left it out next to the house at the top of the driveway. Other people in my neighborhood do the same thing. This is something that I have never heard of here... I mean it could have been kids but there really isn't any crime here except a few cars broken into and some kids climbing in a window from time to time.

It started raining tonight and I rushed outside to get it indoors.... and it was gone....

I think this whole lack of jobs problem is driving people to do things they wouldn't have normally done. I could be wrong here but that just makes me sick. I heard my dogs bark last night, I went outside and there was a cat. No big threat but this has me thinking that there is more than meets the eye. It is my fault for not putting it in the garage but it still sucks! :dunno::nono::ar15:

United

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2009
    Noblesville, IN
    that stinks man...i just got rid of my old one or i would have given it to ya.

As times get harder with jobs and the economy..it won't stop at lawnmowers!

Hope ya find the idiot that stole it.

Hoosier8

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   1
    Jul 3, 2008
    Indianapolis
    One year my neighbor had two stolen. He popped up one day while I had my garage door open. I think he wanted to see if I had them. :) It was funny.

sonovasailor

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Oct 7, 2008
    southport
    As a part time lawn professional, I have my cell phone number marked on all of my equipment. Hopefully a Pawn shop will call me before they buy it from the theif.

NEWMAN

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2008
    I know it sounds dumb but what is its description. I am home for a while I can search the mesage boards for the DIN DINGS if they try to sell it.

j

SC_Shooter

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 20, 2009
    Bloomington
    I know it sounds dumb but what is its description. I am home for a while I can search the mesage boards for the DIN DINGS if they try to sell it.

j

Doesn't sound silly to me at all. Good call to keep an eye out for the stolen mower. It just might work. If it does, we should send ol Al Gore a thank you for inventing this wonderful Internet! (hoping Fenway does not ban me for that comment)

I agree with the OP that this sort of thing is something we should always expect more of as people feel more desperate because of layoffs, business closures, or just the feeling of impending doom that seems to run rampid on the news every night. Sheeple will follow anything...including gloom and doom newscasts.

Smitty506th

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Indiana State Law states:

With respect to property other than a dwelling, or curtilage, or an occupied motor vehicle, a person is justified in using reasonable force against another person if the person reasonably believes that the
    force is necessary to immediately prevent or terminate the other person's trespass on or criminal interference with property lawfully in the person's possession, lawfully in possession of a member of the person's immediate family, or belonging to a person whose property the person has authority to protect. However, a person:
    (1) is justified in using deadly force; and
    (2) does not have a duty to retreat

So I guess I could just shoot someone for it if it happens and I catch them.

It was a Honda Troybuilt Mower with the bag attached. It was purchased in 07 and was a little used.

Troy-Bilt at Lowe's: 160cc Honda 21" Cut Gas Push Mower

If you see one give me a PM please.
    :cool:

concrete dog

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 19, 2008
    Goshen
    sorry to hear that,i would be flameing mad if someone stole my cub.that thing makes my sore backs life more easy.hope you get it back

RCB

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 17, 2009
    Near Bedford
    Most of the time I find things like that are people who know you. Not friends necessarily, but people around who know you. I used to have that problem when I lived in towns. They come by on the premise of saying hi, then if they see you aren't around, pickup whatever they can get their hands on. If you catch them, then they play it off as a joke.

There is a guy who married into the family who is like that. A very bad guy. Not to stereotype, but he is a used car salesman by day, a crook 90% of the time :) Although I know plenty of used car salesman who aren't, so...

I usually take the time to also engrave identification marks in odd places. I have actually gotten items back a couple times due to doing that very thing. Often times it will pop up somewhere close (not many going to drive fifty miles to steal a lawnmower) and with a police officers assistance you can often get your item back if it can be identified. The people in possession often "buy it from some guy." Whether or not its true, it's hard to prove otherwise, but at least there is the opportunity to get it back.

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    I'll watch for stolen Troy-Bilts when I cruise through town every day!

Any day-laborers working nearby when it was taken? A friend has had to throw a few off of job sites he was managing because they were trying to swipe things (grills, toys, tools, etc...). Its nothing for two guys to toss it in a truck bed and drive off...

Sucks, man! Hope your home owners (or renters) insurance covers it.

MadBomber

Master
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Brownsburg
    This really sucks! One of the things I like about living in Brownsburg is the overall lack of crime. It seems like the last couple of years though we hear more about this type of theft. If your yard needs mowed after all this rain, PM me and I'll come by and do it for you.

Top Bottom