• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • AttackMonkey

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 31, 2012
    Nomad
    I ordered some ammo online and checked with the seller recently. Come to find that it had shipped and "delivered" but I never received it. After talking with my wife she stated she had two packages delivered the same day that she did not receive. We reviewed that day in our heads and it turns out that my wife was gone for about an hour and in that time span UPS dropped the packages off, they were stolen (as far as we can tell) and she got back home. I contacted UPS and they said contact the sellers and have them initiate a "tracer" or inquiry. She reported her packages and I reported mine.

The seller of "my" ammo advised me that this was of great concern as stealing ammo was a big deal and may involve the ATF. She took my number and said she would call back, haven't heard from her but that was only a few hours ago. I was just wondering if anyone else has had this experience and what it might entail. It's not my fault so I'm not concerned from that aspect but I would like to know if there is anything I should do or expect. Thanks.

Spanky46151

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 19, 2010
    Martinsville
    File a report with your local law enforcement. Begin documenting everything you do concerning the theft, just keep detailed notes. Probably won't need any of it, but it's like a gun...better to have it and not need it...

AttackMonkey

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 31, 2012
    Nomad
    File a report with your local law enforcement. Begin documenting everything you do concerning the theft, just keep detailed notes. Probably won't need any of it, but it's like a gun...better to have it and not need it...

I think I will wait on the report since for all I know the UPS guy didn't have anyone to sign for it, stuck it back on his truck and forgot about it. I checked all around the house to make sure it wasn't somewhere odd. Once UPS confirms they don't have it I'll file a report. Good point on documentation. Thanks. And Sweet Brown is so right.

Westside

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Monitor World
    Ammo is one of those of things that "require a signature in person" if the driver just dropped it off on your doorstep they could be in a lot of trouble as well.

Thegeek

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    Indianapolis
    Sounds like a UPS foul-up. It happens. Tracking says delivered, but ammo requires signature. Call UPS and give them the tracking number and story. They'll either track it down, or tell you who signed. This happened with my ammo order. The "delivered" status was "delivered" to the UPS pickup office at their depot.

AttackMonkey

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 31, 2012
    Nomad
    That's the thing-I called UPS and they said call the shipper.

And when I called they seemed to think it was delivered to my door not to their warehouse which I presume they can see the difference between on their computers (even if I can't)

AttackMonkey

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 31, 2012
    Nomad
    Yeah I don't think it absolutely requires a signature, I can not say with absolute certainty but I'm pretty sure I've had it shipped to me without requiring a sig.

Mitchell0481

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 21, 2012
    Crown point
    I've had ammo delivered without a signature. I had a cell phone that said delivered, but it was at the ups warehouse. I had to drive over and sign for it.

mms

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 9, 2009
    Greenwood
    i have never signed for any of my ammo and i order 99% on line...im talking thousands of rounds from several places aim, sg ammo, midway ect

AttackMonkey

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 31, 2012
    Nomad
    The weird thing is if it wasn't stolen then why did UPS take the other two packages with it? They definitely didn't need to be signed for.

92ThoStro

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 1, 2012
    UPS hardly ever requires a signature, weather or not it is required by law for ammo, is something I know not.

UPS has lost my package before. But I ordered through Amazon. You need to initiate the lost/stolen package/tracer/claim. After calling UPS, call the seller and tell them to call UPS and talk with them. Amazon got my stuff cleared up. Mine did not say delivered though, mine said it was on the truck, the truck came, and it wasn't there. The seller should send a replacement package. My order arrived much later, unexpectedly, so I got two for the price of one. Your seller might want their ammo back if it turns up that it was just "lost" in the system though. As it is probably more expensive than what I ordered.

AttackMonkey

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 31, 2012
    Nomad
    UPS hardly ever requires a signature, weather or not it is required by law for ammo, is something I know not.

UPS has lost my package before. But I ordered through Amazon. You need to initiate the lost/stolen package/tracer/claim. After calling UPS, call the seller and tell them to call UPS and talk with them. Amazon got my stuff cleared up. Mine did not say delivered though, mine said it was on the truck, the truck came, and it wasn't there. The seller should send a replacement package. My order arrived much later, unexpectedly, so I got two for the price of one. Your seller might want their ammo back if it turns up that it was just "lost" in the system though. As it is probably more expensive than what I ordered.

Yeah Amazon was really good about their end-I imagine they are dealing with UPS but from our point of view they just sent two more items and apologized for the inconvenience. They have done a really really good job with customer service in our dealings with them, and have definitely been rewarded with more business from us.

I don't really care about getting two of the same-I just want the one I ordered and for the bad guys (if they perpetrated this) to get caught.

Top Bottom