• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • djones

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Jan 4, 2011
    Greenfield
    I had my Browning Citori stolen on Monday morning. I just ran across some pictures I have of it and would like for you guys to help me recover it.....hopefully! Thanks INGO :ingo:

Note the finish issues on the barrels! This helps it stand out from the crowd. It was in a black soft browning shotgun case.

12ga Citori Serial # 10573NP753

My 1998 Citori was stolen from my truck which was parked in my driveway in Greenfield IN. The gun has some spots on the barrel where it rusted in the past. I cleaned the rust off with steel wool but there is still some discoloration (bare steel looking) circles on the barrel.. Modified flush mount factory choke was in the top barrel. Improved flush mount factory choke in the bottom barrel. Was in a black soft Browning brand case. I am pretty sure it was 28" barrel model

Contact djones or Hancock County Sheriff's Office with any info.

BogWalker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 5, 2013
    Call the local gun shops and pawns shops and make sure they know. Something like that will probably end up sold rather than used as a hold up or murder weapon.

Just something for others that see this thread: always write down your serial numbers for future reference in case something like this happens.

singlesix

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, In
    Sucks, I'll be on the lookout at my local Trap Clubs in case someone get a Browning at a great deal. It happened at MCFG Trap when someone was bragging about getting a BT-99 for $300, normal used prices is ~$900, turned out to be stolen.

Last edited:

Frosty

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 27, 2013
    Greencastle
    Call the local gun shops and pawns shops and make sure they know. Something like that will probably end up sold rather than used as a hold up or murder weapon.

Just something for others that see this thread: always write down your serial numbers for future reference in case something like this happens.
    And take pics like op has done! I take pics of my overall firearms, then close ups of the serial numbers. Keep in one of those fireproof safes.

djones

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Jan 4, 2011
    Greenfield
    Thank you all for your help. Yes this was a standard lightning model with the engraved receiver. It has brought down numerous South Dakota pheasant, four Indiana bobwhite and I shot my first perfect round of skeet with it. I am praying it returns to me soon in decent shape. For now I am back to the browning bps or silver. At least I have a backup.

Opie

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    Feb 2, 2013
    Evansville
    I would almost bet that will show up in a pawn shop sooner than later. Not something your average dirtbag would want, and they will want to get paid.

Oldest one I ever recovered was a Colt revolver stolen in NYC back in the early 70s. It has a good chance of eventually getting back to you.

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    I would almost bet that will show up in a pawn shop sooner than later. Not something your average dirtbag would want, and they will want to get paid.

Oldest one I ever recovered was a Colt revolver stolen in NYC back in the early 70s. It has a good chance of eventually getting back to you.
    worse yet, the average dirtbag may saw it to below average length!

Top Bottom