Nov 24, 2008
    Beech Grove, IN

cedartop

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 25, 2010
    North of Notre Dame.
    No vehicle is worth going to pound-me-in-the-@$$ prison, the hospital, or the forever box. Call the police and let them handle it.
    Not that I ever thought going to prison would be good, but after working in a max security one, I am determined to not accept any invitations to live there.

1nderbeard

Master
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Apr 3, 2017
    Hendricks County
    The unintended (or maybe intended) consequence of the soft on crime DOJ we're seeing now are vigilantism like this. Gonna get worse before it gets better.
    If you're in a SD shooting I see absolutely no reason to cooperate with any investigation.

With that said, what this guy did is just asking to be tried for murder.

Bassat

I shoot Canon, too!
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 30, 2022
    Osceola, Indiana 46561
    I fail to see how two people (even thieves) who are sitting in a truck (even yours) are any kind of a deadly threat AT ALL. Truck owner was likely within his rights to track the vehicle and let police know where to find it. It was STUPID of the owner to approach the stolen vehicle. From where I sit he was illegal the second he approached the vehicle with gun in hand.

Scenario: I am sitting in my truck, minding my own business. Some looney-toon who thinks it is his truck walks up gun in hand. If my situational awareness is where it needs to be, he takes 3 rounds 9mm HST center mass as soon as his gun starts to come up. Allow me to say, I dearly hope to never be put in that situation.

Back to the truck owner in the story.... Moron should thank whoever he prays to that he is only looking at Murder 1 in Texas. His family could very well have been box-shopping. Like the family of the guy he murdered.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana

rkwhyte2

aka: Vinny
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Sep 26, 2012
    Sheridan
    Not that I ever thought going to prison would be good, but after working in a max security one, I am determined to not accept any invitations to live there.
    I did a site survey for a computer lab in maximum security prison out in San Diego once. The place was brand new and empty and it still freaked me out.

bobzilla

Mod in training (in my own mind)
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    I fail to see how two people (even thieves) who are sitting in a truck (even yours) are any kind of a deadly threat AT ALL. Truck owner was likely within his rights to track the vehicle and let police know where to find it. It was STUPID of the owner to approach the stolen vehicle. From where I sit he was illegal the second he approached the vehicle with gun in hand.

Scenario: I am sitting in my truck, minding my own business. Some looney-toon who thinks it is his truck walks up gun in hand. If my situational awareness is where it needs to be, he takes 3 rounds 9mm HST center mass as soon as his gun starts to come up. Allow me to say, I dearly hope to never be put in that situation.

Back to the truck owner in the story.... Moron should thank whoever he prays to that he is only looking at Murder 1 in Texas. His family could very well have been box-shopping. Like the family of the guy he murdered.
    IIRC, isn't lethal force allowed to stop theft of private possessions? Or in this case "re-theft"

EDIT: Yep. https://www.dougmurphylaw.com/defense-of-property
    By their laws, good shoot and one less piece of **** thief running around. The headline made it sound like he just opened fire when he was holding the thief and assistant thief until the police arrived. Thief pulled out a gun, shot the owner and the owner returned fire killing the piece of ****.
    Now, its not how I'd do it but I don't live in Texas with those laws.

Last edited:

bobzilla

Mod in training (in my own mind)
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    “The guy who shot him is a vigilante, not a hero. A vehicle is not worth taking someone’s life, I don’t care what kind of car it is. You don’t take the law into your own hands,” Garcia added. “Now my mom, my family, we all have to suffer and just deal with it.”
    From the brother of the thief. Well, maybe your mother should have worked a little harder to not raise a ****ing thief. ANd maybe the thief should have wondered if his life was worth a car? At least just you, your mom and your family have to suffer and the rest of us dont

Top Bottom