• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hooky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 4, 2011
    Central Indiana
    Happy ending to the story so far. Dead thief. Shoot appears to be legal according to TX code.

I'm in the camp of call the cops and let them handle it, but to each his own. I thought the quote from the former DA sums it up.

Based on preliminary information from investigators, defense attorney Nico LaHood says the owner's actions were justified under the Texas Penal Code.

“Citizens have a right to prevent the consequences of a theft," said the former Bexar County district attorney. "In that prevention of consequences, you can use force to prevent a theft. You can use physical force, but the law also says you can display a weapon. That is considered force, but it’s not considered deadly force.

"What made this different," LaHood continues, "was the suspect actually used deadly force against the vehicle owner. At that time, he had the right to use deadly force to prevent his own injury. He should not be facing any charges from this incident."

LaHood says what a person can do and what a person should do are two different matters.

“If you’re asking me my opinion, (people) have lost confidence in some of our institutions, unfortunately,” LaHood said.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    ...I practice avoidance. That doesn’t mean everyone has to...

...but it should be a consideration.

Especially if you choose a flashy, expensive, desirable, middle-aged penis sort of vehicle. Where you might EVER have to walk away from it should always be a thought.

Pretty handy to have a backup beater ride for the questionable times. Or like in my case, all the time. :)

:n00b:

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    ...but it should be a consideration.

Especially if you choose a flashy, expensive, desirable, middle-aged penis sort of vehicle. Where you might EVER have to walk away from it should always be a thought.

Pretty handy to have a backup beater ride for the questionable times. Or like in my case, all the time. :)

:n00b:
    Or insurance.

Top Bottom