• ...and so much more!
  • 4PWW9

Marksman
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 17, 2009
    Mishawaka
    The one & only good thing to come out of the Firearms Owners Protection Act of 1986 was the legalization to order, ship and receive ammo direct from out of state suppliers.
    Looks like they are going to try and repeal that now.
    While they're at it, maybe it wouldnt be too much to ask to repeal the Hughes Amendment of the same Firearms Owners Protection Act.:patriot:

joshualee49

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jun 12, 2012
    Gas City, Indiana
    Yep. Political suicide at this point. Lets hope a bill like this never passes...

I'll be stocking up on reloading components regardless. It's something I planned on doing anyway and I have said as much recently...

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Correct.

Why we have not returned the favor with a anti-Hughes amendment or an elimination of the "sporting purpose" clause I do not understand.

Hughes showed us that the gloves are off when it comes to guns; our side is owed, big time.

Titanium_Frost

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Feb 6, 2011
    Southwestern Indiana
    We need to dedicate ourselves to removing the Senator and Rep that authored it. They have a pitiful track record and time and time again try to take away MY rights here in Indiana. It's time for US to take their jobs.

Kenny87ky

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 30, 2011
    Louisville, KY
    could someone tell me what exactly this is suppose to do? last I known there was a license you had to have if engaging in the business of ammunition sales, and every place I order require me to send a scanned drivers licence prior to ordering, from what I can read most people already comply with the points made in the bill, Unless there is something more specific in the part about providing ID.

Titanium_Frost

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Feb 6, 2011
    Southwestern Indiana
    It is SUPPOSED to make hoplophobes feel better/safer because they get to control the gun freaks just a little more.

I buy ammo from two sources online and neither have required a drivers license or any other form of I D

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    Somewhere over the rainbow
    Let it go to a vote.

Then the American voters can put in their two cents' in November on whether the supporters need to find another job or not.

Any Senator who doesn't vote for it now, to save their political ass, cannot come back in the future and yammer about 'common sense' gun control, etc.

I see this bill as effectively neutering any whining about the 'gun lobby', if even the foes of the NRA don't have the stones to vote for it.

japartridge

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 20, 2011
    Bloomington
    I too have purchased ammo on-line and never had to present any kind of ID. it's a ridiculous bill that should never even be allowed to be heard.

I agree with Frosty, can we not start purging some of these control freaks from our government?

What the hell ever happened to by the people, for the people?

I really need to either start lobbying our government myself, or quit getting up in the middle of the night and INGO'ing... get's me all riled up every time!

Kenny87ky

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 30, 2011
    Louisville, KY
    I have only bought once and it was from Wideners. Had the cheapest prices on AK 47 ammo, they required that I scan my drivers licence for them(only have to do it once per account you make). Wasn't that difficult really, and since they don't put SSN on the licenses any more I don't see much of a security risk.

I was under the assumption that this bill had some specific language that would ban internet sales from the way everyone is talking, but it seems many people and the politicians supporting this bill forgot about the existence of scanners and the fact that even online you can present valid ID.

Nevertheless i oppose this bill anyways, if I buy online from somewhere else and they don't require ID then good for me, one less step. I hope those ancient politicians don't learn about scanners and similar devices and amend this bill to actually be capable of stopping something.

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    Somewhere over the rainbow
    I was under the assumption that this bill had some specific language that would ban internet sales from the way everyone is talking, but it seems many people and the politicians supporting this bill forgot about the existence of scanners and the fact that even online you can present valid ID.
    Be that as it may, it's an infringement. What exact rational basis does the law have? How many rounds did the Aurora shooter fire? Could have bought those at Wal Mart in one trip.

This bill should be forced to the floor for a vote. Not to say the Senate should pass it.

Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog
    I too have purchased ammo on-line and never had to present any kind of ID. it's a ridiculous bill that should never even be allowed to be heard.

I agree with Frosty, can we not start purging some of these control freaks from our government?

What the hell ever happened to by the people, for the people?

I really need to either start lobbying our government myself, or quit getting up in the middle of the night and INGO'ing... get's me all riled up every time!

They were bought off the same way the politicians were bought off

Top Bottom