• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • yote hunter

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Dec 27, 2013
    Indiana
    Shrooms like this lighting and storms... Any of you guys down south finding any yet ? Found my first ones last year on the 10th here, so will be going out this weekend to just take a quick look... We have the rain just needs to stay warm for awhile..

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Still haven't found any here in The Great Southern Forest, will look around some tomorrow. Redbud is just about ready to bloom.

trailrider

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 2, 2010
    GREENSBURG
    These cool nights aint helping but I'll look a little Sunday just in case. Was out in the woods a little tonight. Lot of buds coming out, we're close

1861navy

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 16, 2013
    All the rain is helping and the temps have been in a good spot for a bit. The trilliums, trout lillies, redbuds are about to start budding. That brings us into morel season, which is still a tad early as of now. If its too early in the south, like leadeye is saying, then the central/northern parts of the state are early yet. In my experience the best/largest finds are end of April to beginning of may.

Also take in mind their growth rate in prime conditions is kinda slow and that gets slowed with wind like we've been having as it draws moisture away from the mushroom/mycelium organism.

yote hunter

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Dec 27, 2013
    Indiana
    The cool nights will not help, haven't been out yet , when the may flowers start opening up here they should be up.. Will do some shed hunting Sun, and while Im out I will look around a little but not getting serious yet just a tad early I believe.. When the guys down south start finding them its about another 2 weeks later here...

Vamptepes

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 20, 2013
    Eagledale
    Went friday morning for about 2 hours. Nothing yet. I figured it was early still but with the weather it should be anytime. I'll go again middle of this week or so and see if i find anything.

ghitch75

livin' in the sticks
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    117   0   0
    Dec 21, 2009
    Greene County
    just came back in....too early here yet......no red buds may apples are just coming through the leaves.........maybe by middle of next week.....

Vamptepes

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 20, 2013
    Eagledale
    Our red bud tree has good buds on it now and our cherry tree blooms are opening. Hoping the season will start this week,

Last edited:

yote hunter

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Dec 27, 2013
    Indiana
    I hope I time it right will be gone for 10 days to Gulf Shores then come home and hit the woods for some shrooms and crappies that we caught 4/12 "Sunday".. After cleaning the crappies we ended up with 15lbs of meat...

Bfish

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    I am going to be going on Saturday when I get home! I am super pumped to get out for them!

SAILORGOLF46

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Feb 14, 2012
    Greenwood
    Took a short walk in a central Morgan County woods and the may apples are up and open. Still a little early for mushrooms but it felt good to be in the woods.

Top Bottom