image.img.1332373445141.jpg

goinggreyfast

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 21, 2010
    Morgan County
    Question: Not to be the master of the obvious here, but this looks like a homemade job where the grip is cut out of leftover wood when they cut the stock off. I have never seen anything like this, are they homemade? They look like they would be a blast to shoot.

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    Question: Not to be the master of the obvious here, but this looks like a homemade job where the grip is cut out of leftover wood when they cut the stock off. I have never seen anything like this, are they homemade? They look like they would be a blast to shoot.
    Not homemade, I believe they were made by Ivers-Johnson...

Working on memory and a crapberry phone here. So I could be wrong...;)

Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis

Not homemade, I believe they were made by Ivers-Johnson...

Working on memory and a crapberry phone here. So I could be wrong...;)

I don't remember if it was Iver-Johnson, but these were a commercial offering based on the full-stocked model. I'm pretty sure I saw some of these in the 70's.

It should be just about equivalent to a Draco, in that, if you SBR it, there are ways to put a stock on it or put a sling-swivel on the back to stabilize it with a single-point sling.

Colt556

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Avon

The Enforcer was made by Universal. They were a commercially made weapon and a lot of GI parts will not work on them. Mags will work fine though. I think they were made to try to boost Universals lagging sales and try to overcome the poor reputation associated with Universal Carbines. They were pretty popular when they were introduced and could be found at most gun shows for very attractive prices. :twocents: ;)

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    The Enforcer was made by Universal. They were a commercially made weapon and a lot of GI parts will not work on them. Mags will work fine though. I think they were made to try to boost Universals lagging sales and try to overcome the poor reputation associated with Universal Carbines. They were pretty popular when they were introduced and could be found at most gun shows for very attractive prices. :twocents: ;)

Thanks for the save on that. I could not remember for sure who had made them... :yesway:

gunman41mag

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 1, 2011
    SOUTH of YOU
    I don't remember if it was Iver-Johnson, but these were a commercial offering based on the full-stocked model. I'm pretty sure I saw some of these in the 70's.

It should be just about equivalent to a Draco, in that, if you SBR it, there are ways to put a stock on it or put a sling-swivel on the back to stabilize it with a single-point sling.
    It should kick less than the Draco, cause it's a 30 carbine (7.62x33)

Last edited:

eblevins

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 27, 2011
    great gun, you got an excellent deal. If you get a chance to fire a Ruger Blackhawk in 30 carbine try it you will like it.

Top Bottom