Strange Police UD, Key Ring (Florida, where else?)

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    Is this the current prosecutor or prior ones as well. I'm beginning to think you have a professional dislike for the prosecutorial choices made in Marion County. :):
    It doesn't matter who the prosecutor is, things have been and will continue to be...the same. Screeners file cases on the likelyhood of a win, not based on PC. It's tiring.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    I would like to know where the chorus of the usual suspects singing that "THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS AN ACCIDENTAL/UNINTENTIONAL DISCHARGE, THAT IS A NEGLIGENT DISCHARGE" went. Or does that only apply to the rest of us with a special exemption for police?

I will afford the police some understanding in that those who use their arms regularly are more likely to have an incident than those who may not ever use their arms in earnest, but then again, I have heard a chorus of police singing that I should be held to a higher standard all the way around than the average driver because I am a professional, so maybe I shouldn't be so generous.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    I would like to know where the chorus of the usual suspects singing that "THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS AN ACCIDENTAL/UNINTENTIONAL DISCHARGE, THAT IS ANEGLIGENT DISCHARGE"

You haven't heard from them because this was an accidental discharge.

ADs happen. They are a small subset of negligent discharges but they exist and INGODenial will not help. Thus, they are quiet.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    You haven't heard from them because this was an accidental discharge.

ADs happen. They are a small subset of negligent discharges but they exist and INGODenial will not help. Thus, they are quiet.

You are missing my point. Under all other circumstances in which a non-deliberate discharge occurred, these people scream high, loud, and repeatedly that there is no such thing as an honest mistake, yet in this case, they appear to be mysteriously accepting the existence of such. It leads me to suspect either their understanding or their intellectual honesty.

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    You are missing my point. Under all other circumstances in which a non-deliberate discharge occurred, these people scream high, loud, and repeatedly that there is no such thing as an honest mistake, yet in this case, they appear to be mysteriously accepting the existence of such. It leads me to suspect either their understanding or their intellectual honesty.
    Who? There might be SOME but there are always "some" in every group.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    I think I've always been pretty clear that, IMO, some ADs are also NDs, but not all ADs are NDs.

I also don't think I've seen a single instance of an AD/ND/UD resulting in charges when no one (or the shooter only) was injured during my time as an LEO.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Who? There might be SOME but there are always "some" in every group.

I think I've always been pretty clear that, IMO, some ADs are also NDs, but not all ADs are NDs.

I also don't think I've seen a single instance of an AD/ND/UD resulting in charges when no one (or the shooter only) was injured during my time as an LEO.

I haven't exactly been keeping score...it's hard enough to remember things which are actually important rather than the individuals spouting this nonsense, but it seems to be as reliable as the fallout from mention of OC/CC until this time, and now there are crickets. I am just left wondering why the sudden silence in lieu of the previously reliable s**tstorm just add mention of 'AD' and not 'ND'.

BBIs summed it up the reality of the matter quite nicely.

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    It doesn't matter who the prosecutor is, things have been and will continue to be...the same. Screeners file cases on the likelyhood of a win, not based on PC. It's tiring.

Be careful what you wish for or you would have had to charge your compadre that discharged that shotgun into some dudes apartment floor not too long ago.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Be careful what you wish for or you would have had to charge your compadre that discharged that shotgun into some dudes apartment floor not too long ago.

AD =/= celebratory fire (intentionally shooting up in the air) in a crowded environment. Its the difference between a regular car accident and blindfolding yourself and driving through a farmer's market.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    BBI, drill is talking about the incident involving unloading a shotgun. No celebration, just clearning a shotgun that went wrong. No mal or non-feasance. No feasance at all (which is a Steely Dan song I think).

(Which is goofy because I know IPD had a video exactly on that situation, at least they did in 1990).

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    BBI, drill is talking about the incident involving unloading a shotgun. No celebration, just clearning a shotgun that went wrong. No mal or non-feasance. No feasance at all (which is a Steely Dan song I think).

(Which is goofy because I know IPD had a video exactly on that situation, at least they did in 1990).

Cliff notes:

Denny: I wanted the prosecutor to file on people on New Years shooting up in the air, but they didn't.
    Drill: If they do that, they would have to file on the cop who discharged a shotgun to be consistent.
    Me: AD =/= celebratory fire, no inconsistency to file on one but not the other.

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    Cliff notes:

Denny: I wanted the prosecutor to file on people on New Years shooting up in the air, but they didn't.
    Drill: If they do that, they would have to file on the cop who discharged a shotgun to be consistent.

Thats fine I thought Denny meant he was trying to hook up those that just had an ND, no responsible gun owners approve of dangerous celebratory gun fire that I know.

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    Thats fine I thought Denny meant he was trying to hook up those that just had an ND, no responsible gun owners approve of dangerous celebratory gun fire that I know.
    Heck no. I've responded to many many AD/ND and charging them never crossed my mind. Now if an AD ends up putting a hole in another person, its up to that person if charges are warranted.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Cliff notes:

Can you repeat this? Dumb it down for some of us, let me go to the whiteboard:

big-bang-theory-whiteboard-math.jpg

Last edited:
    Top Bottom