• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mosinfan

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2012
    Southern Indiana
    Same range.... I think the same bays... I had something similiar a few weeks ago. 2 older couples and a younger couple were shooting together, the range was busy that day and we asked if it was ok for us to shoot, My son was with me as well as a couple of my officers. They said sure and we began to set up... They continued shooting, displayed very poor range etiquite/safety procedures. Waving firearms around, no eye/ear protection. When they started wandering downrange as we were firing, I called them out on it and told them they had to announce and wait till the range was cold before going downrange.... They didn't like that at all and packed up and left in a huff... One of the few times that I have had an issue with someone there. I have been a member there nearly 20 years.

Imeagher

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    It blows my mind that people would go to a range and act so unsafe. The only time I've been to a range everyone acted professional. You did what was right, they might not have been happy but you might have saved a life

ModernGunner

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2010
    NWI
    Is my thinking off or is this a normal expectation?

No, you're thinking isn't off. Sadly, just a screwball with a gun. They're out there.

Unfortunately, people like these are the prime reason that, maybe, there SHOULD be mandatory training for firearms owners. SOME folks just don't even understand basic gun range propriety.

It's also concerning that this same yabo is probably walking around the local mall or shopping district with a loaded firearm.

But, at LEAST he's getting some practice at the range! So, M-A-Y-B-E he'll at least be able to actually hit something if there's an actual lethal force scenario! Sure are plenty out there who couldn't! :draw:

jerryv

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 8, 2013
    Evansville
    The old man was rude. Open bays available and he just walks up and starts setting up where you and your sons are shooting.

I do not care how lonely he is, he is a stranger and I am with my boys and thousands of dollars of firearms and ammo, you bet I got a problem.

+1 .. the guy was rude. Emily Post would have wagged her finger at him ..

Smokepole

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 21, 2011
    Southern Hamilton County
    I would have asked something on the line of "How's everything this afternoon? [pause]I don't mean to be rude but, is there something wrong with the other open lanes?" and give him a chance to clear the air. And depending on the answer might offer him the lane and then pack up and move down line. I agree with many of the others here. If I am out shooting with my kids and instructing, the last thing that I want is to have to keep track of someone else that I don't know.

It is kind of like trying to work out in a public gym/health club. There are plenty of people that have no sense of etiquette or common courtesy whatsoever. You can find idiots halfa$$ed using a station and yakking between sets (taking 5 mins between sets) that get fussed up if you ask to work in with them. Or you can be working at a station and some fool comes up and just starts to work in without so much as asking if you mind. Doesn't happen as often as the former but it has happened to me.

Some people just have no sense of etiquette or common courtesy.

snowrs

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 4, 2011
    Evansville
    Just as an FYI the second bay ove, for the longest time the targets would not work that well, also the reset rope would break about every third pull., the benches are also nicer in the first range, and it is right as you pull in. As a general rule, I go as far left as I can when I get there. The front bay always fills first.

Top Bottom