"Stranger Things" on Netflix. Anyone else watching?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MuttX7

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 13, 2015
    Monroe County
    It plays out like a love letter to the '80's.....It brought back a lot of memories...I like the guy playing the sheriff...I had never seen him in anything before but he plays that character well....I figure he will play pretty prominent in season 2....

The first time I remember seeing him was as the corrupt cop in the movie version of the Equalizer.

I liked the series, it was pretty decent. Its better than the crap like The Odd Couple, Two Broke girls, and other network programing for sure.

pudly

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Undisclosed
    Watched the entire series. Very good overall. The gun handling made me a little queasy, but it was set before Cooper's Four Rules were published (1991), so I suppose even that was realistic for the time.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    Watched the entire series. Very good overall. The gun handling made me a little queasy, but it was set before Cooper's Four Rules were published (1991), so I suppose even that was realistic for the time.

Good point. I was yelling at the TV last night about Sheriff Hopper running around the research lab with his finger on the trigger the whole time.

pudly

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Undisclosed
    Oh, they break at least three rules during the course of the series- finger on the trigger, sweeping each other, firing blindly. Don't think they ever mistook a gun for unloaded. Yeah, pretty ugly and not up to current standards.

rkwhyte2

aka: Vinny
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Sep 26, 2012
    Sheridan
    Watched this last weekend and overall I liked it. The wife not so much she thought it was geared towards kids(maybe why I liked it). Look forward to season two.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    Getting ready to watch Chapter 8 (final episode). I have to say, it has gotten better as it's gone along. The ending of Chapter 7 had me on the edge of my seat.

Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 29, 2013
    Mars Hill
    I'm through episode six. I'm not a Stephen King fan, so I can't compare there. I think of it as Goonies meets X-Files.

If you liked Stand By Me, Shawshank Redemption, The Green Mile or Silver Bullet then you might be a Stephen King fan. These movies were based on his stories.

I liked the show and being a child of the 80's it made me nostalgic. I liked some kids had BMX bikes and some had butterfly seats. I got made fun of for my butterfly seat, but it rode the best wheelies. Then you get to fight the kid for making fun of your bicycle, good times.

pudly

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Undisclosed
    I'm thinking it will. I have no inside information, but I'll bet it will be as follows:

-Same format- a number of episodes covering some story arc.
    -I don't think it will use the same characters or be directly related story-wise. Some new story of a fantastic nature.
    -If they can make the next story/series as interesting as this one, they will do well.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Finished it up last night. Read up on a bunch of clues the show gave to some loose ends... But I almost don't want another season with these characters. I sort of like how this wrapped up, and I'd hate to see it changed drastically from there.

But, they've already said they'll be doing another season... and these actors have already expressed intentions of being in it.

That "one month later" is going to be the focus of season 2, I'm sure. Lot of flashbacks to that.

JTScribe

Chicago Typewriter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 24, 2012
    Bartholomew County
    Such an awesome show. Take bits and pieces of Goonies, ET, Firestarter . . . wow.

With the reference to many worlds and the appearance of the Upside Down, I wonder if it isn't some world where World War III happened. The toxic atmosphere as a result of chemical and nuclear weapons.

But such great writing. Episode 1 I figured I was going to hate the trope of the alcoholic, incompetent police chief, and then he ended up being one of my favorite characters.

Moparracer89

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    NWI
    Just started watching and I am very intrigued. Im not a horror fan but the writing and acting in this is awesome. They absolutely nailed the period correctness on every level, even on the little background stuff 99% dont notice.

Top Bottom